Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

If you've copied over the EFI folder on your system drive, then csmVideoDxe is gone. Something else is giving you your problems.

Maybe the following will be helpful for you: [GUIDE] Remove extra Clover BIOS boot entries & prevent further problems | tonymacx86.com

No I didn't copy the EFI folder as I didn't have it anymore. I opened teh config.plist on my SSD with CC and undid the Install csmVideoDxe.

I don't have a copy of the EFI folder from yesterday unfortunately.

No I didn't copy the EFI folder as I didn't have it anymore. I opened teh config.plist on my SSD with CC and undid the Install csmVideoDxe.

I don't have a copy of the EFI folder from yesterday unfortunately.

Look in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/. Delete that csm thing. From my experience, it's nothing but trouble. Once you've deleted it, you should be back to where you were.

Look in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/. Delete that csm thing. From my experience, it's nothing but trouble. Once you've deleted it, you should be back to where you were.

It wasn't there anymore, so I guess CC uninstalled it. Something else was still wrong though as I still couldn't get to the login screen. I now went back to square 1 and used your EFI folder. Now I can boot without the USB but have to redo the setup.

I guess a Hackintosh never gets boring :D

If I had to bet, I would say it's the Nvidia web drivers. Try uninstalling the latest version and use the previous version. That's what I'm doing and everything is smooth again.

I´ll try that tomorrow. Thank you Pastrichef!

Hi, I've been trying to install/upgrade my previous hackintosh using the directions and attached EFI file here, but when I use the attached EFI file, I get a boot loop every time I try to start up.

Open to suggestions...

Update: reinstalling with default files, I am able to boot without the graphics card installed. But when I install the video card, even if display is plugged into integrated video, I get the gIOScreenLockState 3 error.

Hi, I've been trying to install/upgrade my previous hackintosh using the directions and attached EFI file here, but when I use the attached EFI file, I get a boot loop every time I try to start up.

Open to suggestions...

Which previous hackintosh are you trying this EFI folder on? It's not a magic EFI folder that can work on any system...

Apologies for the confusion. I build a new machine and am transferring the drive. new machine that is having this issue is the one in my profile. Upgrading from a Gigabyte z97 ud5 motherboard; same video card.
ROG Strix Z370-G, i5-8400, GTX 970

boot flags currently in use to get following results: dart=0 -v

Update: unit will boot without graphics card installed, with basic MultiBeast settings (screenshot attached).
Configurations/results:
Intel graphics only, monitor plugged into built in graphics card: unit boots ok, but is only able to use 31MB VRAM
ATI Radeon (apple firmware) test card installed (scrounged from an old cheese grater mac pro): unit boots ok with monitor connected to intel graphics, unit does NOT boot with monitor hooked to ATI card (goes through progress bar, then screen goes black, no response)
GTX 970: with monitor plugged into integrated graphics, get "gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0" message repeating on screen.
GTX 970: with monitor plugged into GTX 970, same as above.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 1.16.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 1.16.16 PM.png
    116.4 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Apologies for the confusion. I build a new machine and am transferring the drive. new machine that is having this issue is the one in my profile. Upgrading from a Gigabyte z97 ud5 motherboard; same video card.
ROG Strix Z370-G, i5-8400, GTX 970

boot flags currently in use to get following results: dart=0 -v

Update: unit will boot without graphics card installed, with basic MultiBeast settings (screenshot attached).
Configurations/results:
Intel graphics only, monitor plugged into built in graphics card: unit boots ok, but is only able to use 31MB VRAM
ATI Radeon (apple firmware) test card installed (scrounged from an old cheese grater mac pro): unit boots ok with monitor connected to intel graphics, unit does NOT boot with monitor hooked to ATI card (goes through progress bar, then screen goes black, no response)
GTX 970: with monitor plugged into integrated graphics, get "gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0" message repeating on screen.
GTX 970: with monitor plugged into GTX 970, same as above.

If I were in your situation, I would do the following:
  1. Upgrade system to High Sierra.
  2. Make sure everything is working.
  3. Backup the EFI folder from your system drive.
  4. Download the EFI folder in post #1.
  5. Replace the EFI folder on the system drive with the one that was downloaded from post #1.
  6. Delete whatever hackintosh kexts you have in /L/E/ and /S/L/E/.
  7. Pull the drive from the Z97.
  8. Plug the drive in to the Z370.

If I were in your situation, I would do the following:
  1. Upgrade system to High Sierra.
  2. Make sure everything is working.
  3. Backup the EFI folder from your system drive.
  4. Download the EFI folder in post #1.
  5. Replace the EFI folder on the system drive with the one that was downloaded from post #1.
  6. Delete whatever hackintosh kexts you have in /L/E/ and /S/L/E/.
  7. Pull the drive from the Z97.
  8. Plug the drive in to the Z370.

Had to do it in the base system on the new motherboard (old motherboard has catastrophic physical damage, hence the upgrade), but it worked!!! you're awesome!!

Back