Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Either of those should work.

Why not replace the stock Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card with a macOS compatible one? It's the cleanest solution and Bluetooth works better.

I already have the BCM94360CS2. I can just place this on the board or do I need a converter?

Originally, I ordered the BCM94360CS2 with a M.2 adapter and planned to use those. I plugged that in and there was a tiny bit of smoke. I took it out pretty quickly and I haven't tried again yet.

I already have the BCM94360CS2. I can just place this on the board or do I need a converter?

Originally, I ordered the BCM94360CS2 with a M.2 adapter and planned to use those. I plugged that in and there was a tiny bit of smoke. I took it out pretty quickly and I haven't tried again yet.

Wow! Smoke???

The adaptor from Amazon should work with your card.

The Fenvi card includes it's own Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card under the shield.

Wow! Smoke???

The adaptor from Amazon should work with your card.

The Fenvi card includes it's own Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card under the shield.

Yea... the smoke scared me a bit. I think the m.2 part I ordered is probably bad.

It makes me so happy to see how big this thread got over the years. I remember I followed your guidance about two years ago and my system has been running steadily this whole time. No problems whatsoever. This is one of the best threads I've came across in the past few years. Thank you for what you do @pastrychef!

It makes me so happy to see how big this thread got over the years. I remember I followed your guidance about two years ago and my system has been running steadily this whole time. No problems whatsoever. This is one of the best threads I've came across in the past few years. Thank you for what you do @pastrychef!
...and besides, 'our' @pastrychef is always present to solve any problem we have.
He's a great.

Please help solve the problem. I Updated the EFI Unified r5.1.3 folder (Catalina) and updated the system to beta 2. After that, the system boots up but there is no image, the screen is black, but sounds are audible. Before that, I had a Catalina 10.5 release system and your EFI Unified r5.1.3 (Catalina) folder (I changed my ID data). Everything was fine.

Please help solve the problem. I Updated the EFI Unified r5.1.3 folder (Catalina) and updated the system to beta 2. After that, the system boots up but there is no image, the screen is black, but sounds are audible. Before that, I had a Catalina 10.5 release system and your EFI Unified r5.1.3 (Catalina) folder (I changed my ID data). Everything was fine.

Please try adding the following Boot Argument and see if it helps. Please report back on success or failure.

Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 10.30.47 AM.png

Please try adding the following Boot Argument and see if it helps. Please report back on success or failure.

I removed all the arguments from the download and inserted your argument. Everything worked. Thank you very much for the work done! You are awesome! :)

Last edited:
Back