Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Worth checking that the Ethernet interface has not somehow become disabled in the BIOS settings.
Thanks, it should not be disabled in BIOS because I Dual boot in Windows. And I have no problems with Ethernet.

Well, I can't try that at this moment, I exchanged my GTX 980 for an Asus RX 580 Dual with a friend, and I tried to continue installing Mojave on my computer. The result was the same; it keeps getting stuck at the same point when the graphics interface says it has 15 minutes left to install. I tried it again by injecting ATI drivers in Verbose mode, and I got this:

Please post your EFI folder and what hardware you are trying to install on.

Please post your EFI folder and what hardware you are trying to install on.
How can I access it from Clover? I can not boot Sierra either because of the Video Card replacement, if not possible I would need to get the GTX 980 back in my rig in order to post you my EFI folder.

Thanks.

How can I access it from Clover? I can not boot Sierra either because of the Video Card replacement, if not possible I would need to get the GTX 980 back in my rig in order to post you my EFI folder.

Thanks.

What hardware is giving you problems? The stuff listed in your profile?

I have been using a Samsung SM951 M.2 AHCI SSD for close to two years now. It has been reliable and, although not the fastest SSD around, plenty fast for me. About the only criticism that I could give it is that it sometimes ran quite hot under heavy use.

According to specs, the recommended operating range is 32F-158F/0C-70C. There had been a few occasions where I saw temps just above 150F. The BareFeats article below claims to have seen it reach 180F/82F! There have been quite a lot of confirmation that, when it reaches 158F/70C, it will throttle speeds down to keep it from overheating. When throttled, performance can go from "~1500MB/s all the way down to 70MB/s!!

Sources:
http://barefeats.com/hard211.html
http://www.legitreviews.com/samsung-sm951-512gb-m-2-pcie-ssd-review_161689/3

Thanks for the advice, I think I will go for it too! ;)

Naming the heat, I've recently bought a Noctua NP-F14s chassis fan and I've substituted the one on top of Asus back shield (CHASSIS_FAN_2 according to my Asus manual, and I have a Fractal Design R6 case btw) with this new Noctua.

It has 4 pin molex and PWR control that I can modify in BIOS monitor section. Which I did, but despite the BIOS setting s, this Noctua stops spinning as soon as the system arrives at OSX login screen. Which is very weird because in my settings it should spin at 50% over 40C of CPU, which is pretty low temp ... and infact HWMonitor tells me CPU is almost always hotter than 40C .

Do you have any hints on how MacOS controls (if it does!) fans behaviours instead of BIOS?

Thanks for the advice, I think I will go for it too! ;)

Naming the heat, I've recently bought a Noctua NP-F14s chassis fan and I've substituted the one on top of Asus back shield (CHASSIS_FAN_2 according to my Asus manual, and I have a Fractal Design R6 case btw) with this new Noctua.

It has 4 pin molex and PWR control that I can modify in BIOS monitor section. Which I did, but despite the BIOS setting s, this Noctua stops spinning as soon as the system arrives at OSX login screen. Which is very weird because in my settings it should spin at 50% over 40C of CPU, which is pretty low temp ... and infact HWMonitor tells me CPU is almost always hotter than 40C .

Do you have any hints on how MacOS controls (if it does!) fans behaviours instead of BIOS?

All the case fans and CPU fans on my system are completely controlled by BIOS. I left all my BIOS fan settings at default.

All the case fans and CPU fans on my system are completely controlled by BIOS. I left all my BIOS fan settings at default.
are they PWR or DC mode controlled? Apart from CPU one...

do you know if HWMonitor sensors Kext can influence the behaviour of fans under MacOS?

It shouldn't. It should only be reading what the RPMs are.

Back