Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD Vega 56

Motherboard
ASUS Strix Z370- Wifi
CPU
i3-8350K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Please post your ioreg file.

You can try to remove WhateverGreen to see if it helps with your IGPU and VDA decoder support. I had to remove it for it to work. Removing WhateverGreen will probably break Netflix DRM for you. If DRM is important to you, disable IGPU in BIOS and use iMacPro1,1 system definition.

Try changing screen resolutions a few times to see if it restores 10-bit color support on your monitor.

No, there is no Freesync support in macOS.

I have not tried the new BIOS yet.
Yes, changing the resolution a couple of times fixed the 30 Bit Color ! You are awesome!

I will wait for an updated WhateverGreen kext, then. Hopefully that will fix Netflix DRM. I don't feel too good about iMac Pro system definition... Also after changing system definition I will have to re-licence all my software (just like after a TimeMachine Restore), right?

Attachments

Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
i9 7940X
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
Sorry to ask for a favor, BUT, here goes.....

I'm doing some changes on my Z370 system (with the 9900K), and I was hoping to use the iGPU (by itself) for a short time. I reviewed your comments herein within the thread, changed the system parameter to 18,1, but every time I tried to boot into a 10.14.5 install, I'd get a CPU panic. Can you look at config.plist to check what I'm missing? Do I need to do this, maybe?

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

Or somehow spoof the CPU?

Attachments

Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F
CPU
I5-8600K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yes, changing the resolution a couple of times fixed the 30 Bit Color ! You are awesome!

I will wait for an updated WhateverGreen kext, then. Hopefully that will fix Netflix DRM. I don't feel too good about iMac Pro system definition... Also after changing system definition I will have to re-licence all my software (just like after a TimeMachine Restore), right?
You can use chrome till it’s fixed

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 + UHD 630
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Sorry to ask for a favor, BUT, here goes.....

I'm doing some changes on my Z370 system (with the 9900K), and I was hoping to use the iGPU (by itself) for a short time. I reviewed your comments herein within the thread, changed the system parameter to 18,1, but every time I tried to boot into a 10.14.5 install, I'd get a CPU panic. Can you look at config.plist to check what I'm missing? Do I need to do this, maybe?

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

Or somehow spoof the CPU?
Please try this config.plist. I changed device properties.

Attachments