Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

@pastrychef
Checking in. After breaking the hackintosh with improper Clover configurations along with multiple attempts to get audio working, reinstalling the system and accidentally deleting UEFI boot folder so SSD not recognized in BIOS.....long story short a success. I used 8.3 version of UniBeast and appropriate Clover and didn't even have to load MultiBeast after loading. USB, Volume, Bluetooth, Sleep all work. Tried to update iTunes but unsuccessfully but that's less of a concern.

One other fix is system definition is missing on 8.3 for i9, it was available on 8.1 originally attached to your post. Here is a screen shot and Happy Hackintoshing.

View attachment 403149View attachment 403150

If you are following my build instructions, do not use MultiBeast.

I don't understand what you mean about system definition. What is not recognized?

You are on High Sierra, when it was released the i9-9900K didn't exist yet. I wouldn't expect it to be able to identify the 9900K.

Lol sure....dialing....I'm good more than happy

I had to call to fix my Apple ID once. Apple tech support was awesome. They even called me back to make sure everything was working.

If you are following my build instructions, do not use MultiBeast.

I don't understand what you mean about system definition. What is not recognized?

You are on High Sierra, when it was released the i9-9900K didn't exist yet. I wouldn't expect it to be able to identify the 9900K.
When I originally used your instructions using Clover Configurator later gave me the definition of i9....this time it didn't not sure if its the Configurator itself or something else. Either way these things are trivial to me. Most important thing I have a killer machine where I can start to put a dent in my 50,000+ images and videos that I can finally edit in peace and with ease.

Hi Pastrychef, seems like Hardware Encoding is not enabled on my build. Should I just follow a guide or should this work OOB with your config? If so I'll see if my settings differ from yours.

Hi Pastrychef, seems like Hardware Encoding is not enabled on my build. Should I just follow a guide or should this work OOB with your config? If so I'll see if my settings differ from yours.

It should work if you are using my EFI folder.

Back for some more.

Can't seem to get shut down working correctly. I have tried to map out my USB ports but unsuccessfully as it requires a restart every time. Restart hangs and shutdown hangs without turning off.

Was able to get bluetooth, airdrop working at first but after unsuccessful maps they have turned off again....

Please help. Attaching config file. Also post mapping USB ports are funky. I'm assuming I didn't do it correctly because of the restarts.

As a refresh
Asus Z390 E
i9900k
samsung sata ssd
corsair ram
h100i

attaching config list.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.1 KB · Views: 115
Back for some more.

Can't seem to get shut down working correctly. I have tried to map out my USB ports but unsuccessfully as it requires a restart every time. Restart hangs and shutdown hangs without turning off.

Was able to get bluetooth, airdrop working at first but after unsuccessful maps they have turned off again....

Please help. Attaching config file. Also post mapping USB ports are funky. I'm assuming I didn't do it correctly because of the restarts.

As a refresh
Asus Z390 E
i9900k
samsung sata ssd
corsair ram
h100i

attaching config list.

Have you tried using Hackintool to help with mapping?

Are you using the following guide:

Have you tried using Hackintool to help with mapping?

Are you using the following guide:
Thank you will try this shortly. I remember you mentioned that USB mapping will likely resolve **** down issues as well?

Hopefully this method doesn't require a restart...getting a bit antsy spent a couple fo weeks now trying to get this to work...would be ashame if I fail

Thank you will try this shortly. I remember you mentioned that USB mapping will likely resolve **** down issues as well?

Hopefully this method doesn't require a restart...getting a bit antsy spent a couple fo weeks now trying to get this to work...would be ashame if I fail

I don't know if it will fix shut down, but I think it makes sense to address USB before trying to figure out shut down.

Back