Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Clover doesn't see the USB with the EFI folder to boot from. I formatted MacOS extended, even named the drive EFI.

I still see just these 4 volumes in Clover:
Filevault prebooter from Preboot
MacOS install prebooter from Preboot
MacOS from Samsung
Recovery

The Samsung drive cannot be reformatted to HFS even from the original USB installer, in all cases disk utility only offers APFS. So if I want to restore it all the way back to before I installed anything, I will need to do some terminal formatting. And I don't know if that is even the solution or if I will just end up bricking that drive.

Where is disk2 getting this 18,3 definition?

Clover is not supposed to see the USB drive because there's no operating system on it.

Use the BIOS boot menu to boot Clover from the USB flash drive.

Once Clover has loaded, it will show you all the bootable options.

I don't know why Disk Utility can't initialize your Samsung SSD.

Clover gets the system definition from the config.plist. You can also use the Options on the Clover boot menu to change system definition.

4. Look for the pcidevices.plist file on your desktop and open it with Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.
5. Look for PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0) and delete AAPL,ig-platform-id and device-id. (*Note: I also deleted PCI devices that were not actual PCI-e cards.
I used PlistEdit Pro and to the string PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0) I did not find AAPL,ig-platform-id and device-id as indicated, I still deleted the 2 strings as in the picture and it seems to be ok.
pci.pngpcidevices.png

I used PlistEdit Pro and to the string PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0) I did not find AAPL,ig-platform-id and device-id as indicated, I still deleted the 2 strings as in the picture and it seems to be ok.
View attachment 402283View attachment 402284

Those two should have been left in.

If you do not see AAPL,ig-platform-id and device-id, then there's nothing to delete.

Those two should have been left in.

If you do not see AAPL,ig-platform-id and device-id, then there's nothing to delete.
Thanks pastrychef, always present !!!
Ok, so I copy the Properties as I see it without deleting anything.

Clover is not supposed to see the USB drive because there's no operating system on it.

Use the BIOS boot menu to boot Clover from the USB flash drive.

Once Clover has loaded, it will show you all the bootable options.

I don't know why Disk Utility can't initialize your Samsung SSD.

Clover gets the system definition from the config.plist. You can also use the Options on the Clover boot menu to change system definition.
After multiple attempts, same result. In clover I can see that the config is 18,1 and includes all the tweaks I made. Even booting from this USB EFI, when Mojave boots up, the current boot disk is disk2s1 and it has this bogus 18,3 definition. And I cannot mount an EFI from disk2. It must be calling on some other config, but I can't find one. How can I force it to pick the right one?

After multiple attempts, same result. In clover I can see that the config is 18,1 and includes all the tweaks I made. Even booting from this USB EFI, when Mojave boots up, the current boot disk is disk2s1 and it has this bogus 18,3 definition. And I cannot mount an EFI from disk2. It must be calling on some other config, but I can't find one. How can I force it to pick the right one?

How about we try mounting the EFI partitions of every internal drive and deleting the EFI folders on them.

Then, boot from the USB flash drive.

How about we try mounting the EFI partitions of every internal drive and deleting the EFI folders on them.

Then, boot from the USB flash drive.
Ok, tried that - it is still booting to disk2, but I think the system def is now 18,1.

Here is the latest IOreg.

Attachments

• Mac mini no EFI.ioreg
    3.1 MB · Views: 101
Ok, tried that - it is still booting to disk2, but I think the system def is now 18,1.

Here is the latest IOreg.

Yes. You are finally on iMac18,1. How are graphics?

If no acceleration, try deleting the following.
Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 4.49.00 PM.png

Yes. You are finally on iMac18,1. How are graphics?
Looks like I am still not getting acceleration after deleting that. I should be seeing metal support right?

Back