Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I did as you wrote in the guide, @pastrychef , but when I copy over your EFI folder and reboot, I get a freeze/flickering login screen. I use the UHD630 GPU, and have changed it to 18.1 as your instructed. How do I get into the OS, and change EFI folder to the old working one?

I did as you wrote in the guide, @pastrychef , but when I copy over your EFI folder and reboot, I get a freeze/flickering login screen. I use the UHD630 GPU, and have changed it to 18.1 as your instructed. How do I get into the OS, and change EFI folder to the old working one?

View attachment 388906
Just boot from the USB and then mount the EFI.

View attachment 388906

Put your old EFI on a USB flash drive and boot from it.

Sorry for my ignorance, but how do I do that? When I put the (same) USB stick I made initially to install OS X, and boot up on that drive, I can only chose to reinstall OS X from scratch? :banghead:

Sorry for my ignorance, but how do I do that? When I put the (same) USB stick I made initially to install OS X, and boot up on that drive, I can only chose to reinstall OS X from scratch? :banghead:

How old is the USB installer? Make sure it has either Apfs.efi or ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

I made it yesterday. If I boot up using that drive, what option is "use this EFI instead of the HD EFI"?

I used latest version of UniBeast to make the boot disk.

Thanks. I'll try that!

I get this. The External drive is the USB boot stick. What now? I tried to boot in all possible options, but does not get any "safe mode" result. Do you have to reinstall os x every time you mess up? :eek:

Back