Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Change uia_exclude= to:
Code:
uia_exclude=HS08;HS11;HS12;HS13;HS14;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10;USR1;USR2

You couldn't boot using my EFI folder??

What version of macOS are you running? Do you have IntelGraphicsFixup.kext installed? What kexts do you have in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/?

Yes, I have IntelGraphicsFixup.kext installed.

What EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Others directory do you exactly mean? My current EFI that does boot or your EFI?

Edit: New uia_exclude works like a charm :) And plugging my keyboard into USB 2 also fixed my Shutdown problem (Magic!).

Thanks a lot! Awesome work here!

Last edited:
Yes, I have IntelGraphicsFixup.kext installed.

What EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Others directory do you exactly mean? My current EFI that does boot or your EFI?

Edit: New uia_exclude works like a charm :) And plugging my keyboard into USB 2 also fixed my Shutdown problem (Magic!).

Thanks a lot! Awesome work here!

I don't know why my EFI doesn't work for you. You are using fairly outdated kexts.

You're the man. Everything is up running flawless!

Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (not the wifi one)
Corsair Hydra Series H100i PRO
i7-8700k
Sapphire Radeon Vega64
16GB RAM 3200MHz
SSDs, HDDs... etc etc.

Now only for the tweaks, radeon fans, etc etc..

Many thanks @pastrychef !

Is there a way to make Vega Tab work in L/E seems like it only works in Other. Also do you know of a way to make a BT keyboard work at boot at least with clover?

I've never tried putting VGTab in /Library/Extensions/. If you don't want to leave it in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/, you can inject the power table via config.plist.
  1. Show package contents of the VGTab.kext.
  2. Navigate to /VGTab.kext/Contents/.
  3. Open Info.plist with Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.
  4. Navigate to IOKitPersonalities > Controller > aty_properties > PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable.
  5. Copy the data value.
  6. Open IORegistryExplorer to find your GPU device path.
  7. Go to config.plist > Devices > Properties.
  8. Add your GPU device path.
  9. Add the following Properties:
  10. Screen Shot 2018-12-30 at 5.48.51 PM.png
  11. Paste in the PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable value that you copied from VGTab.kext.

Now, you won't need to use the VGTab at all.

I haven't used a Bluetooth keyboard in a long time but the last time I tried, it worked in BIOS and for the Clover boot menu. I don't think anything has changed in Clover to prevent that. I know that my Magic Mouse 2 works at the Clover boot menu.

I haven't used a Bluetooth keyboard in a long time but the last time I tried, it worked in BIOS and for the Clover boot menu. I don't think anything has changed in Clover to prevent that. I know that my Magic Mouse 2 works at the Clover boot menu.

Maybe it is a driver issue then, I do not use a Mac Keyboard or Mouse. My mouse is corded and works at boot and in the bios my keyboard however is a Microsoft Surface Ergonomic mostly for its looks. However, I have used a Microsoft Ergonomic keyboard for around 20 years not sure I could change now if I wanted. Could it be that you use a Broadcom kext since you have yours in a M2? My Wifi/BT is plugged into PCI X1 above the video card with a cord to the USB 2 header. Could this be why yours works?

I will placing the PPT directly in the config thanks for the tip, it is not that I do not want it in other. I recently like today moved the stuff into L/E just to see if it helped with stability. While the stability is much much better than before if I just happen to not reboot the system it crashes around 4.5 - 5 days of uptime sleep or no sleep.

Maybe it is a driver issue then, I do not use a Mac Keyboard or Mouse. My mouse is corded and works at boot and in the bios my keyboard however is a Microsoft Surface Ergonomic mostly for its looks. However, I have used a Microsoft Ergonomic keyboard for around 20 years not sure I could change now if I wanted. Could it be that you use a Broadcom kext since you have yours in a M2? My Wifi/BT is plugged into PCI X1 above the video card with a cord to the USB 2 header. Could this be why yours works?

I will placing the PPT directly in the config thanks for the tip, it is not that I do not want it in other. I recently like today moved the stuff into L/E just to see if it helped with stability. While the stability is much much better than before if I just happen to not reboot the system it crashes around 4.5 - 5 days of uptime sleep or no sleep.

I can't say definitively whether using M.2 slot vs PCI-e slot for Bluetooth makes a difference. I haven't tried PCI-e on this motherboard. It's a very tight fit for my Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card and I can't take it out with out pulling the motherboard out of the case so I can't easily test it.

I highly doubt it's the keyboard itself. If the keyboard works in BIOS, it should also work at the Clover boot menu...

I don't know why you have crashes between 4-5 days. That seems very low. I keep all my hackintosh kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and my system runs for weeks to months at a time without out a crash. The only time I had problems with crashes was when my RAM started to bad. I was getting some abrupt, violent crash reboots randomly. This happened in early December.

I RMA'ed the RAM and with the replacement set, I've already had uptime of over a week. I only restarted to test the latest hackintosh kexts and latest Clover and system has been up again for about 5 days doing some heavy duty unRARing of 2TB worth of data.

I can't say definitively whether using M.2 slot vs PCI-e slot for Bluetooth makes a difference. I haven't tried PCI-e on this motherboard. It's a very tight fit for my Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card and I can't take it out with out pulling the motherboard out of the case so I can't easily test it.

I highly doubt it's the keyboard itself. If the keyboard works in BIOS, it should also work at the Clover boot menu...

I don't know why you have crashes between 4-5 days. That seems very low. I keep all my hackintosh kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and my system runs for weeks to months at a time without out a crash. The only time I had problems with crashes was when my RAM started to bad. I was getting some abrupt, violent crash reboots randomly. This happened in early December.

I RMA'ed the RAM and with the replacement set, I've already had uptime of over a week. I only restarted to test the latest hackintosh kexts and latest Clover and system has been up again for about 5 days doing some heavy duty unRARing of 2TB worth of data.

No the keyboard does not work in the bios just the mouse. I really do not know what to say about the uptime, @ least 5 days is manageable since nothing I do really requires the system to be on 24/7. I just thought since I had some time that I would try putting the stuff in L/E to see if that gave me any improvement.

Back