Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Looking for a little help...

Can someone who's using IGPU only please test this EFI folder? I just need to know if it boots okay.

I'm tired of pulling my video card for testing...

Please remember to make a backup of your working/existing EFI folder to the EFI partition of a USB flash drive in case something goes horribly wrong!

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• EFI Unified r4.4.4b (Mojave).zip
    27.4 MB · Views: 96

Can someone who's using IGPU only please test this EFI folder? I just need to know if it boots okay.

Please remember to make a backup of your working/existing EFI folder to the EFI partition of a USB flash drive in case something goes horribly wrong!

Thanks in advance.

Hi Pastrychef,

I've been following you guide and have a close setup as you have. I have an ASUS Strix Z370-I (mini-ITX) and Intel Core i5 8500 and using the built-in IGPU. Everything works so far and I event got HDMI audio working. The problem is this massive screen tearing happening and makes it unusable. I'm using the the latest firmware for the motherboard which is 1410. Followed the recommended bios settings (with DVT memory 128MB and also tested higher value, no effect).

If I create a vanilla installer with only fakeSMC as kext, the screen has this purple haze but no screen tearing or glitches.
If I add Whatevergreen kext, no purple haze but screen tearing happens.

Used your EFI (including the latest one) and screen tearing/glitch happens.

Tested on Mojave and High Sierra and same screen tearing happens.

I'm new to setting up a hackintosh so maybe this is something simple that I'm not aware.

Attaches are screenshots. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_1991.JPG
    IMG_1991.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1992.JPG
    IMG_1992.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 82
Hi Pastrychef,

I've been following you guide and have a close setup as you have. I have an ASUS Strix Z370-I (mini-ITX) and Intel Core i5 8500 and using the built-in IGPU. Everything works so far and I event got HDMI audio working. The problem is this massive screen tearing happening and makes it unusable. I'm using the the latest firmware for the motherboard which is 1410. Followed the recommended bios settings (with DVT memory 128MB and also tested higher value, no effect).

If I create a vanilla installer with only fakeSMC as kext, the screen has this purple haze but no screen tearing or glitches.
If I add Whatevergreen kext, no purple haze but screen tearing happens.

Used your EFI (including the latest one) and screen tearing/glitch happens.

Tested on Mojave and High Sierra and same screen tearing happens.

I'm new to setting up a hackintosh so maybe this is something simple that I'm not aware.

Attaches are screenshots. Thank you.

Please try changing to iMac18,1
Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 11.58.28 PM.png

Please try changing to iMac18,1
View attachment 354841

Damn, it worked. I missed that setting.

With that, you latest EFI for Mojave IGPU works. Shutdown, Sleep, Wake and HMDI audio.

I have not yet tested lan/wireless since I was stuck with the graphics issue. My silence will mean everything worked as expected. Thank you very much.

Damn, it worked. I missed that setting.

With that, you latest EFI for Mojave IGPU works. Shutdown, Sleep, Wake and HMDI audio.

I have not yet tested lan/wireless since I was stuck with the graphics issue. My silence will mean everything worked as expected. Thank you very much.

I will have to add changing to iMac18,1 to post #1. Thanks for helping me test!

can anyone explain this message that accompanies updates from asus? what does this ME mean? a new one appeared? and I know what ME's shortcut means (Intel® Management Engine Critical Firmware Update)
Is there a new security issue?
Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 10.24.37.png

Thanks in advance.

Hi Pastrychef,

BIG thanks for your super guide!!!

I've tried the new Efi folder, and for now it seems that it works :)

Asus Rog Strix z370-G Gaming
i7 8600k
UHD 630
Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000Mhz 8x2
Adata XPG GAMMIX S10 512GB
Corsair Cx550M
Cooler master 120 liquid
Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L
Deepow USB wifi adaptador
IOGEAR GBU521 Bluetooth

Thanks!

*I've just update to last Bios version, and now it's even better! 6200 in Geekbench :)

Cheers

Dani

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2018-10-03 a las 9.55.23.png
    Captura de pantalla 2018-10-03 a las 9.55.23.png
    732.6 KB · Views: 126
  • Captura de pantalla 2018-10-03 a las 9.56.21.png
    Captura de pantalla 2018-10-03 a las 9.56.21.png
    720.4 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
can anyone explain this message that accompanies updates from asus? what does this ME mean? a new one appeared? and I know what ME's shortcut means (Intel® Management Engine Critical Firmware Update)
Is there a new security issue?View attachment 354864

Yes, I think this update patches a security issue with Intel ME.

The microcode is most probably to add support for the upcoming CPUs.

Hi Pastrychef,

BIG thanks for your super guide!!!

I've tried the new Efi folder, and for now it seems that it works :)

Asus Rog Strix z370-G Gaming
i7 8600k
UHD 630
Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000Mhz 8x2
Adata XPG GAMMIX S10 512GB
Corsair Cx550M
Cooler master 120 liquid
Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L
Deepow USB wifi adaptador
IOGEAR GBU521 Bluetooth

Thanks!

*I've just update to last Bios version, and now it's even better! 6200 in Geekbench :)

Cheers

Dani

Thanks!!

Back