Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

So, @pastrychef:

For my secondary machine, I have adopted an Asus Z370 motherboard (the only one that supports Thunderbolt), and I'm just curious. Are you following the Intel frame buffer thread? I didn't see any of that in your most recent EFI, but are you going to incorporate it? Somehow, even with Mojave, I don't think it's needed.....but I could be wrong about that, and just curious about your thoughts about this issue.....

So, @pastrychef:

For my secondary machine, I have adopted an Asus Z370 motherboard (the only one that supports Thunderbolt), and I'm just curious. Are you following the Intel frame buffer thread? I didn't see any of that in your most recent EFI, but are you going to incorporate it? Somehow, even with Mojave, I don't think it's needed.....but I could be wrong about that, and just curious about your thoughts about this issue.....

Yes. I switched to using the Devices Properties method of injecting the IGPU a while ago. It has been working fine here.

I don't know if it's absolutely needed to use this method, but I switched to be safe.

Btw, I've been ready for Mojave since a week ago. Lol. Unfortunately, it's still not showing up for me on App Store yet...

Yes. I switched to using the Devices Properties method of injecting the IGPU a while ago. It has been working fine here.

I don't know if it's absolutely needed to use this method, but I switched to be safe.

Btw, I've been ready for Mojave since a week ago. Lol. Unfortunately, it's still not showing up for me on App Store yet...
nor me until i refreshed app store and then searched for macos mojave, currently now downloading

Any words is it working without any issues?
Thanks!

Updated:
Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 1.53.57 PM.png

• Outcome of the installation/update: SUCCESSFUL
  • macOS version prior update: macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra
  • Clover version: Clover r4674
  • Time for update: 40 minutes
  • Additional notes: I think it restarted 3 times. If you get a kernel panic on reboot, select "FileVault Prebooter From Preboot".

I was testing some stuff a few weeks ago, and you do not need the device properties for iGPU, just WhateverGreen, Lilu, and it enabled in the BIOS.

Hi @pastrychef, I'm getting ready to upgrade to Mojave and plan on using your 4.4.2 EFI. Just curious about the Devices -> Properties tab. What do these entries do?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 6.10.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 6.10.06 PM.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 93
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 6.10.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 6.10.11 PM.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 104
Hi @pastrychef, I'm getting ready to upgrade to Mojave and plan on using your 4.4.2 EFI. Just curious about the Devices -> Properties tab. What do these entries do?

They are for audio and IGPU injection.

They are for audio and IGPU injection.
Ok, thanks! Also....what's your recommendation on when to migrate from EFI 3.5 to 4.4.2? (Before installing Mojave? or after Mojave has finished installing?)

Back