Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I was just trying to click mount partition in clover configurator. I downloaded efi mounter and mounted, now I can mount in clover configurator. I tried the idiots guide for iMessage, not working, but no big deal. so thats it? Do I always have to have the usb flash drive plugged in to boot?

How are you trying to mount the EFI partitions? Have you tried EFI Mounter? You can also do it in Terminal.

I was just trying to click mount partition in clover configurator. I downloaded efi mounter and mounted, now I can mount in clover configurator. I tried the idiots guide for iMessage, not working, but no big deal. so thats it? Do I always have to have the usb flash drive plugged in to boot?

If you copy the EFI folder to your main system drive, you won't need to use the USB installer to boot. Just set BIOS to start from your main system drive.

The Idiot's Guide to iMessage works. Try again and follow the instructions closely.

Other than that, everything should be working for you.

If you copy the EFI folder to your main system drive, you won't need to use the USB installer to boot. Just set BIOS to start from your main system drive.

The Idiot's Guide to iMessage works. Try again and follow the instructions closely.

Other than that, everything should be working for you.

thanks that did it, will try iMessage again later (its supposed to sync your iPhone contacts right? somehow I just have my sister as a contact for some reason. Is there any good thread for setting up a dual boot with windows on a separate drive?

By the way, thanks for you detailed guide, I would never of been able to do this without your thorough post

thanks that did it, will try iMessage again later (its supposed to sync your iPhone contacts right? somehow I just have my sister as a contact for some reason. Is there any good thread for setting up a dual boot with windows on a separate drive?

By the way, thanks for you detailed guide, I would never of been able to do this without your thorough post

Yes, sync contacts and quite a few other features.

For dual booting, try the following guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-multibooting-uefi-on-separate-drives.198869/

I highly recommend disconnecting/removing your macOS drive when installing Windows.

Glad this guide was able to help. Always nice to see another success story. :thumbup:

@pastrychef
I want to change the video card ... what do you recommend, knowing that you have gone through nvidia generation 10 and amd .... 1070/1080, 580 or vega 56/64 ... which of the two vega seems better?
I use directly final cut and occasionally photoshop
thank you

Last edited:
@pastrychef
I want to change the video card ... what do you recommend, knowing that you have gone through nvidia generation 10 and amd .... 1070/1080, 580 or vega 56/64 ... which of the two vega seems better?
I use directly final cut and occasionally photoshop
thank you

I like the Vega 56 more than the Vega 64 because of the high TDP of the Vega 64.

I gave up on Nvidia because of their drivers.

Last edited:
I like the Vega 56 more than the Vega 64 because of the high TDP of the Vega 64.

I gave up on Nvidia because of their drivers.
I understand that the AMD chipset is natively recognized by osx ... so your advice is vega 56 ... do you have a preference of manufacturer? ... it sounds good to me nitro saphire + ... do you think it's a good choice?

I understand that the AMD chipset is natively recognized by osx ... so your advice is vega 56 ... do you have a preference of manufacturer? ... it sounds good to me nitro saphire + ... do you think it's a good choice?

I think there are a few Vega cards that don't have any fan issues. I would look for one of those. I don't remember which models...

It is better get AMD card with reference connectors placement. Otherwise - black screen with HDMI and problems with dual monitor setup. Also WhateverGreen kext may help with AMD connectors autodetect.

Hi, I just checked this thread after about a month and saw the new EFI. I copied it over and was going to copy over the Serial, UUID and other stuff when I saw that there was none in my Config.plist. I think I forgot to copy it over somewhere along the line. When I go to About This Mac, I still see a serial number there but there is no UUID or Serial in my config.plist. What should I do about this?

Back