Contribute
Register

Parts verification. Will this be compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus X556UR Laptop
CPU
i7-6500U
Graphics
GeForce930MX / HD520
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I'm building a PC this new year. I've sorted out the parts that I have decided to buy, with a budget not over a few dollars above $1000.
My aim is to build a hackintosh with a working discrete GPU for media creation and programming with a good number of emulators. Along with that, gaming on the Windows side, with games like PUBG, Escape From Tarkov and other demanding games at a decent Video Setting.

The list is as follows:

i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
Cooler Master - Hyper T2 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Asus PRIME H270-PLUS-CSM ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (16 GB)
Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" SSD
MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card
Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case
Corsair CX (2017) 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply[
TP-Link Archer T9E PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter

I'm also willing to add an HDD so that I can do the slower tasks on that while booting and gaming from the SSD.

Side note, I'm from India, and I'm willing to import a few of these parts just because of the ridiculous prices here. Any pointers and tips are much appreciated.
While I don't think that there are any compatibility issues, I'd like to here some of your opinions.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. They will be compatible.

Be aware that for a dual booting station (Mac/PC) it is advised to use two different disks, not a partitioned one. Also be aware that you will probably need two USB sticks, one to boot mac, and the other to boot Win.

Why would I need USB sticks? is it for the installation? Also, with my budget, partitioning is my best method. Can you elaborate the issues might run into?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back