1. iOS
Thats fun, but I'm looking for parts starting from the monitor :) - DELL P2415Q
Here is what I plan to buy at the moment:

Core parts:
  • Intel Core i7-8700K Core i7-9700K
  • ASUS ROG Strix H370-F Gaming ASUS Prime Z370-A II

• HYPERX Fury White DDR4 3466MHz 16GB Kit 2x8GB XMP
  • SAMSUNG 860 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Seasonic Focus Plus 750 Platinum SSR-750PX(10 years warranty by the way..)
  • SCYTHE Mugen 5 PCGH Edition (SCMG-5PCGH)
My question is: will I be able to get 3840x2160 @ 60hz via DisplayPort on hackintosh? Is there will be any problems?
In future I'm planning an Nvidia card.. but not sure yet.. I just need it for windows boot, but on macOS I don't need any GPU performance, except clear image at 4k.

Last edited:
Here is what I plan to buy at the moment:

Core parts:
  • Intel Core i7-8700K
  • ASUS ROG Strix H370-F Gaming
  • HYPERX Fury Black DDR4 2400MHz 16GB Kit 2x8GB XM
  • SAMSUNG 860 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Seasonic Focus Plus 750 Platinum SSR-750PX(10 years warranty by the way..)
  • SCYTHE Mugen 5 PCGH Edition (SCMG-5PCGH)
My question is: will I be able to get 3840x2160 @ 60hz via DisplayPort on hackintosh? Is there will be any problems?
In future I'm planning an Nvidia card.. but not sure yet.. I just need it for windows boot, but on macOS I don't need any GPU performance, except clear image at 4k.
I would choose an Asus Z370 motherboard and buy an AMD graphics card instead of Nvidia. The Intel UHD 630 graphics on your 8700K have all kinds of issues that have not been resolved yet. They may be in the future, but who can predict that ? I wouldn't want to depend on Intel graphics for a clear image at 4K in macOS Mojave. Add in a low cost RX 560 that will give you DP 1.4 output.

I would choose an Asus Z370 motherboard
But what this board gives me? Whats the difference will be with H370?

buy an AMD graphics card instead of Nvidia.
That was my idea, but performance is the key for me, which means only Nvidia.
However, I'm looking also for an option, like have two cards, a cheap one is AMD for macOS. But such dual setup looks not easy to do.. or maybe there are some stable working examples?

The Intel UHD 630 graphics on your 8700K have all kinds of issues that have not been resolved yet. They may be in the future, but who can predict that. I wouldn't want to depend on Intel graphics for a clear image at 4K.
Oh, thanks. Didn't know that. So this means using 2x cards could be option in my case.. thinking about cheapest AMD card for 4k..

But what this board gives me? Whats the difference will be with H370?
Take some time to read through the threads with details of the problems with H370 motherboards and you'll understand why Z370 is the better choice.

I see, but it's in list of Buyer's Guide. If it's so problematic, perhaps it's shouldn't be there?
Now I'm will be looking at Z370 thanks.
Could you please also recommend the affordable AMD card to use for 4k?

Could you please also recommend the affordable AMD card to use for 4k?
Look at the Gigabyte or MSI RX 560. Avoid any XFX brand 560s as they don't work without a BIOS mod.

Yes, get a Z370 MB.

ASUS Prime Z370-A II looks good, first checked ASUS Prime Z370-P II, but it's doesn't support 4k 60hz.

Also, I just checked 560 amd card, and price is not what's I wanted to and 2 cards in one pc is too much..

he Intel UHD 630 graphics on your 8700K have all kinds of issues that have not been resolved yet.
So what exact problems I get with HD630 ?
Also, can I use 1080ti just for Windows and HD630 for mac automatically(i.e. via software)?

Last edited:
I updated first post. Selected also more latest CPU, does it change anything?
So, the problem is - I need a GPU which can handle latest games on windows at 4K, means I need 1080ti.

But for macOS it's doesn't works, and UHD630 perhaps will not too?, so I need RX 560 which will work as is, but then I need 2 GPU in one build, ok... if this only one choice, BUT, how to manage them? I found in other threads, that usually with 2 cards it's just boot black screen.. so I just thinking that maybe UHD 630 is the better choice? I can live with switching in BIOS default GPU when boot into windows, and using 2 cables to my monitor(looks like in theory this setup will work). So I'm wondering will I able to have 4K 60hz at UHD630 stable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back