Contribute
Register

Partner for Macbook Pro Retina

Will it work

• It will work! Stick with the plan.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Read the buyer's guide again and stick with it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Crosshair IV Formula Customloop
CPU
[email protected]
Graphics
EVGA GTX 680
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I'm happy PC user in middle of apple fanatics. (Digital Design Industry).
The thing is, I think apple products are all ways overprized, old and somehow more difficult than PC hardware. That's because I don't have sufficient experience in macs.

The thing what changed was apple MacBook Pro Retina Display. It's something amazing that I want and can't get from PC(Laptops, despite of problems of the model).

Adobe Master Collection is all so Windows or Mac (Or Adobe Volume Licensing (AVL) Not sure is it possible to have one Mac and one PC for normal licence price) so it's MacBook with Windows and PC or MacBook with custom Mac, if I success :problem:

MB: Listed Z77X UP5 ThunderboltMotherboard - tonymacx86-21
From guide, I suppose that Wlan and Bluetooth works all so. (Thunderbolt, Wlan, Bluetooth - done)

CPU: Listed 3570K - tonymacx86-21
HT imo is waste of money so that why 3570K, and after use as a working machine I have huge OC capacity or resell value.

Memory: Corsair Vengeance Performance - My pick
Is there a chance of compatibility issue even if mobo and cpu support the memory? 1600MHz, 1.5V, kit of 2, CL9.

HDD: Seagate ST2000DM001
Possibly x 2 because of RAID 1.
From list, want newest because its easyer to have replace in RAID 1 if one brokses (after years ofc).
Or complitely leaved out and trusted with NAS and other clouds.

SSD: Intel Series 240GB Solid State - My pick
I have trusting issues with SSD:s with ~4 years with bad experiences. Intel drives are top notch (and pricy - for reason) Is there a reason why I shouldn't mix it to custom mac? (other than price)?

GPU: EVGA 650 TI, from the list - tonymacx86-21
MacBook GPU is enought - so would this be? (Or even integrated). EVGA have good warranty jne...

Is there a reason why this mac won't work? :beachball:

Chassis and PSU I'm planning to rape from old mac pro (needs little of modding)
if not possible plan B,
Chassis: BitFenix Shinobi
Cooling: Thermalright True Spirit 120 RevA
PSU: Seasonic G 550

Bumb.

The chassis is from powermac 11.2, and it need heavy modding, new PSU and cooler. But im sticking with the plan If anyone don't correct anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back