Graphics
Intel HD 4600, Nvdia GT740m
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I just want to know a method of hackintosh where your files wouldn't be erased. I am running windows 7 and i'm thinking of partioning my ONLY ONE drive into 2, one being ntfs and fat32(excluding the recovery one). Then, when booting the installation of mavericks, i could format the fat32 only as a mac compatible version, leaving the ntfs alone. Is this possible? If not, are there any other methods of hackintosh without the loss of files.

Thank you, Jonoyou

Hi, I just want to know a method of hackintosh where your files wouldn't be erased. I am running windows 7 and i'm thinking of partioning my ONLY ONE drive into 2, one being ntfs and fat32(excluding the recovery one). Then, when booting the installation of mavericks, i could format the fat32 only as a mac compatible version, leaving the ntfs alone. Is this possible? If not, are there any other methods of hackintosh without the loss of files.

Thank you, Jonoyou

Yes, you can do this.
In Windows 7, using Shrink in Disk Management to decrease capacity of current disk without lost data. Then create a new FAT32 partition.
In Maverick installation, you can earse FAT32 to HFS+ and setup in this partition.
Good luck.

Yes, you can do this.
In Windows 7, using Shrink in Disk Management to decrease capacity of current disk without lost data. Then create a new FAT32 partition.
In Maverick installation, you can earse FAT32 to HFS+ and setup in this partition.
Good luck.

No you can not. Not if the drive was formatted MBR for installing Win7 you can't.

Thank you, Jonoyou

How is your drive currently formatted? MBR or GUID?
Are you installed Legacy mode or UEFI?
Please follow rules and put your hardware in your profile or sig.

If UEFI, how large is the EFI partition? It must be 200Mb or larger for OS X.

Your best bet is a ne separate HDD/SSD for OS X.

Hi, i just checked my only drive and it's formated MBR and NTFS (i dont really know the difference) does this mean i cant install hackintosh without losing files? sorry for not complying with the rules.

Hi, i just checked my only drive and it's formated MBR and NTFS (i dont really know the difference) does this mean i cant install hackintosh without losing files? sorry for not complying with the rules.

Yes, it means exactly that. Looking at your hardware, this looks like a laptop. If it is, then your best bet is to post in the laptop forum with your laptop make/model info. www.tonymacx86.com/laptops

You can only dual boot at present by using a separate HDD/SSD and installing OS X separate from the Windows drive. OS X requires GUID instead of MBR, so you would have to re-install Windows in you want both an the same HDD/SSD.

Thank you for your quick replies. I did find this thing called osinstall(mbr). I eventually made a bottable usb and tried to boot up mavericks. I booted mavericks up and it showed the apple boot logo for a second and then restarted the comp. I guess i have no luck at installing mavericks anymore. I appreciate your informative replies. Thank you, Jonoyou. Also, are there points awaraded to answers/memebers and the ability to clode threads. I guess my work here is done. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back