Graphics
i3
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys i have a probook 4430s, trying to create a bootable flash drive. I'm trying to do this on a Mac running Sierra.. the problem is though when I use to do this i was able to click options, masterboot record and partition two spaces. On Sierra the patition option is greyed out. I can erase it as a GUID and have two partitions but its not possible with masterbootrecord.. am I still able to follow the probook installer guide if I format the drive as GUID? This use to be a piece of cake when I did this on older macs such as yosemite and before.

Hey guys i have a probook 4430s, trying to create a bootable flash drive. I'm trying to do this on a Mac running Sierra.. the problem is though when I use to do this i was able to click options, masterboot record and partition two spaces. On Sierra the patition option is greyed out. I can erase it as a GUID and have two partitions but its not possible with masterbootrecord.. am I still able to follow the probook installer guide if I format the drive as GUID? This use to be a piece of cake when I did this on older macs such as yosemite and before.

I also seem to have found some what of a glitch.. after I erase as GUID.. partition appears.. so i erase again as MBR and partition remains.. I click partition but it does not allow me to click on the + to add more. When I click off the hard drive and back partition goes back to being greyed out.. I'm guessing sierra has disabled us from partition MBR?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back