Contribute
Register

Partial working mac OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Type -v (or whatever kernel flags you need) at the Chameleon screen (TonyMac screen). The output should indicate if and where there is a problem starting up.

Chimera is MacMan's branch of Chameleon 2.0 RC5. This version includes support for the latest CPUs and updated GraphicsEnabler code for ATI and NVIDIA GPUs

I've been trying to get the MSI GTX 460 to work also and I've had no luck so far... and by "so far" I mean fifteen fresh installs later over the course of about a week. I've tried just about every combination of a) snow leopard version (10.6.7 and 10.6.8) b) nVidia driver (the older, tonymac one and the new nVidia official one) and c) multibeast (once more, the older and the newer versions). The closes I have gotten was when Snow Leopard recognized the card in its hardware specs, but I have never gotten full resolution. Interestingly, I just noticed that the Graphics Card Database lists this card as working with version 3.3 of multibeast, but idk where to get that.

I suggest installing 10.6.8 and making sure everything else works 100% (booting, LAN, audio) and then reading through all the GTX 460 Fermi posts for a solution.

search.php?keywords=gtx+460+fermi&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

I don't have one, but from what I have read the Fermi cards are a bit tricky. There are a lot of posts on this which I suggest looking at (if you haven't already).

I believe when it says use MB 3.3 that means it is the earliest version that will support the 460. The current MB should do so and I would suggest using the latest Chimera as well.

If you were planning on moving to Lion, you should investigate whether it is supported OOB without any drivers as more graphics cards are and if so, it might save a lot of fiddling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back