2. LC
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I did something(s) stupid:

I had VT-d enabled, Parallels was working fine in 64 bit mode all under Mountain Lion. That was not this stupid part, the stupid part comes in 2 stages. First I got it working and did not document how I got it working (Stupid 1) then I upgraded to Mavericks and now cannot get VT-d running to get Parallels back in 64 bit mode so now my virtual machines are not able to run (Stupid 2).

I can run my virtual machines on my MacPro 2008, but I have more memory on my Hackintosh (and we know what memory costs for MAcPros with dual Xeons cost [stupid 3?])

Several people have reported that they have gotten Parallels running in 64 bit mode on my Mobo under Mavericks, but I do not see where anyone has documented how they did it. If anyone could be so kind as to clue me in on how this feat was managed, please let me know. I am sure it is something simple such as a boot flag or similar silliness but I am getting frustrated trying to suss it out on my own.

So it seems that the issue can be fixed by choosing 10.8.1 Rollback under Drivers/System/AppleACPIPlatform Rollback.

Having enabled this I am now able to enable VT-d and get Parallels running in 64 bit mode again.

From :banghead: to :headbang:. I am documenting it here in case someone else has the same issue.

That did the trick for me :
Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>dart=0</string>

Setting dart=0 will allow you to boot, but will restrict Parallels to 32 bit mode. The solution I posted allows Parallels to run as a 64 bit environment. Are you saying dart=0 allows you access to 64 bit Parallels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back