Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey

Im having some issues running the Parallels Desktop 7 on my ProBook 4330s

I get the following error, whenever i try to load any OS in PD7 - I have tried Win7, Ubuntu and ChromeOS

"Your virtual machine may run slow because virtualization support is disabled on your Mac"

I have also made sure my PD7 is up-to-date

Is anyone else having any issues with it? Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks!

Hey

Im having some issues running the Parallels Desktop 7 on my ProBook 4330s

I get the following error, whenever i try to load any OS in PD7 - I have tried Win7, Ubuntu and ChromeOS

"Your virtual machine may run slow because virtualization support is disabled on your Mac"

I have also made sure my PD7 is up-to-date

Is anyone else having any issues with it? Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks!

Have you checked your BIOS setting for "Virtualization Technology"??

Yes, that is ticked on in BIOS

I wonder what they are talking about (maybe VT-d?). Isn't Parallels Desktop up to version 9?

I wonder what they are talking about (maybe VT-d?). Isn't Parallels Desktop up to version 9?

What is meant by VT-d?

Also, yes PD9 is latest but ive been using PD7 on my ML Desktop Hackintosh with no problem.

I have also tried to run BootCamp Assistance and get the following error

"Boot Camp Assistant cannot be used: You must update your computer's boot ROM firmware before using this setup assistant"

What is meant by VT-d?

Virtualization for Directed I/O.

Also, yes PD9 is latest but ive been using PD7 on my ML Desktop Hackintosh with no problem.

I have also tried to run BootCamp Assistance and get the following error

"Boot Camp Assistant cannot be used: You must update your computer's boot ROM firmware before using this setup assistant"

We don't use BootCamp on PCs. BootCamp is for Macs.

Virtualization for Directed I/O.

We don't use BootCamp on PCs. BootCamp is for Macs.

In the installation guide it says to disable that in the bios (although i dont see the option in my bios) i only have the option of Virtulization Technology, which i have enabled.

Should ibgive VirtualBox a Try?

In the installation guide it says to disable that in the bios (although i dont see the option in my bios) i only have the option of Virtulization Technology, which i have enabled.

Usually i5's have that option, but even so it must be disabled anyway. I only have an i3, so...

Should ibgive VirtualBox a Try?

I have no experience with VM software on Mac. I prefer to dual-boot and run on bare-metal.

Usually i5's have that option, but even so it must be disabled anyway. I only have an i3, so...

I have no experience with VM software on Mac. I prefer to dual-boot and run on bare-metal.

Ahh, yes i am also running it on i3

Yeh, i guess ill jus dual boot it also.

Thanks alot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back