i7-3770K OC @ 4.6GHZ
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hey guys,

i have had my ML hack-mac running for a week now and it is great. I was also able to add a dual boot of windows 7 so life is perfect on my pc. The only issue I have run into is, when i installed Parallels desktop for osx I tried creating a new windows installation. As soon as the installation starts, the PC just performs a hard reset. has anyone got any ideas why this is happening? :banghead:
Any info would be appreciated.

Chris

No idea, PD 7 and 8 works fine on mine. What are your specs?

If you are using a SSD and the alignment is not correct, this can cause problems with Win7/8 running in parallels. Google for SSD alignment.

Hi thanks for replies. my specs are:

Intel i7 3770k ivybridge
16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance
P8Z77 V pro mobo
Antec Kuhler 920
Crucial 128GB SSD
1TB Seagate baracuda 6GBs
Nvidia GTX 670

Ill have a look at that ssd alignment and report back.

Chris

I enabled Virtualization in the bios and still parallels crashes my computer to reset.

Driving me crazy

See if you can download a trial of Parallels 8 to test it.

I use VMWare Fusion, I wasn't a big fan of the way Parallels integrated with OS X.

See if you can download a trial of Parallels 8 to test it.

I use VMWare Fusion, I wasn't a big fan of the way Parallels integrated with OS X.

Whats VMware Fusion like? is it any good ?

Vmware fusion has 2 issues. The shared folder are alot slower than parallels, as in can become unusable/stall on large transfers. And the graphics are still badly implemented, the vmware driver hangs alot still and is much slower than the parallels one.

As for 7 vs 8 on parallels, I noticed almost no difference between the two, I only upgraded for the full ML support.

It sounds more like you have an issue with the installation, or a driver on your osx install. I would try reinstalling or as said try version 8. If you have realtek network try a different driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back