Graphics
Vega 56 Pulse 8GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I have Parallels 8 installed on my xeon6 hackintosh configured as MacPro5,1, but while I haven't any problems running an OS X VM under VMWare 4, with Parallels I get this error:

http://kb.parallels.com/en/111735

Is there a way to fix this?

I need to upgrade to Parallels 10, but if the problems are the same...
Thank you.

Well it says "According to Apple Software License Agreement, you may install and run Mac OS 10.5 Leopard and Mac OS X 10.6. Snow Leopard Virtual Machines only on Mac OS X Server host computers."

MacPro5,1 is part of the Server family. This might be the reason you are encountering this issue.

Hi,

I have Parallels 8 installed on my xeon6 hackintosh configured as MacPro5,1, but while I haven't any problems running an OS X VM under VMWare 4, with Parallels I get this error:

http://kb.parallels.com/en/111735

Is there a way to fix this?

I need to upgrade to Parallels 10, but if the problems are the same...
Thank you.
Apple only allows 10.5 Server, 10.6 Server, 10.7 or later Workstation or Server to run in a VM. There is no way around this.

Sorry, I forgot to specify that these are legal VMs (Mavericks, ML and 10.6 server) that I've previously created and used on my iMac with the same version of Parallels.

I've updated to 10.9.4 and MultiBeast 6.4.2 and I have the same error running Parallels 8 (reg) or 10 (demo).
Instead VMWare 2014 Preview works without problems.

Did you read the KB article? Did you read the comments above? My guess is that 5,1 is considered a server and server host computers are unable to support any OS other than Leopard and Snow Leopard per the KB article.

Yes, I did!

"You may install run Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion Virtual Machines on any Mac computer."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back