Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 9570
CPU
i7 8750H
Graphics
UHD 630/1050Ti, 3840x2160
I installed the trial version of Paragon NTFS 14 and now my machine won't even get passed the post screen. I have a dual boot system, Win 10 and MacOS El Capitan. I managed to get passed the post screen by disconnecting all my drives, then booting my machine. I loaded optimized defaults, then reset the bios settings to what's listed in the install guide, but it made little difference. I've gotten into the MacOS a couple times, but not reliably. I reloaded drivers via MultiBeast, hoping that would help, but it didn't. I think Clover might be messed up. That's the only reason I could think of why I get stuck at post. Has anyone had this problem with Paragon NTFS?

Last edited by a moderator:
I installed the trial version of Paragon NTFS 14 and now my machine won't even get passed the post screen. I have a dual boot system, Win 10 and MacOS El Capitan. I managed to get passed the post screen by disconnecting all my drives, then booting my machine. I loaded optimized defaults, then reset the bios settings to what's listed in the install guide, but it made little difference. I've gotten into the MacOS a couple times, but not reliably. I reloaded drivers via MultiBeast, hoping that would help, but it didn't. I think Clover might be messed up. That's the only reason I could think of why I get stuck at post. Has anyone had this problem with Paragon NTFS?
Luckily I have never had any problems with Paragon NTFS. Sorry you are having trouble with it.

No problem on my end. I have used it for years. Have you tried booting with just the Mac OS drive and see if that works? Though I have never used Paragon with a dual boot system.

I would start over. Paragon works. I used it before but have since switched to NTFS for Mac OS X when my version of Paragon would no longer support the Mac version I was running (several years ago I updated, I don't remember when.)

Same problem for me. With the latest update (Paragon for windows 11), two of my HD with HFS+ was unrepairable. When I try to repair the external drive shows a message: "the disk is not journalized" (whatever that means). I had to erase and reinstall El-Capitan. Fortunately I had back-up and I lost non important files. I send an e-mail to Paragon and they didn't answer me yet. Waste of money and time.

You need to supply more information. If you have Windows and OSX on different drives can you reliably boot to the Windows drive? If not that suggests a coincidental hardware failure, like power supply.
Paragon NTFS has issues but installed on a dedicated OSX drive I do not see how it can affect Windows booting on a separate drive but you could have done something to the Windows drive accessing it via OSX/Paragon.
On my current dual boot Skylake hack the latest version of Paragon, which seems more stable than prior versions, appears to deliberately NOT access the Windows boot drive, which I laud as a safety issue, but works reliably enough with other NTFS formatted drives--I constantly access the same drives/data via both OSes. Occasionally when booting into Win 10 the OS will insist on running checkdisk but it never finds any real problems (checkdisk can be triggered by any dual booting in Win 8 and 10 but that is off topic).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back