Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
I didn't read
CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
My hackintosh had been working fairly well and one day it stopped. It would start to freeze randomly and the time it took after login to free was getting shorter and shorter. At one point it would freeze after login in maybe less than a minute.
Paragon NTFS for Mac was the last thing I installed for my seagate drive (its free if you are using seagate products fyi) so I uninstalled it but the crashes persisted. Then I created a new user account and now It seems to be working at least for now.
I am somewhat cautious about installing it again as I am am about 50% confident that it is what caused the problem. Perhaps over time it corrupted files or something. I'll definitely do a backup first.

Has anyone else had a bad experience with Paragon NTFS on a hackintosh?

In these days I have installed Paragon NTFS too and I have the same problem of yours. I'm not on a hackintosh, I have a "original Mac". I uninstalled it and now it seems to be working as well.

My hackintosh had been working fairly well and one day it stopped. It would start to freeze randomly and the time it took after login to free was getting shorter and shorter. At one point it would freeze after login in maybe less than a minute.
Paragon NTFS for Mac was the last thing I installed for my seagate drive (its free if you are using seagate products fyi) so I uninstalled it but the crashes persisted. Then I created a new user account and now It seems to be working at least for now.
I am somewhat cautious about installing it again as I am am about 50% confident that it is what caused the problem. Perhaps over time it corrupted files or something. I'll definitely do a backup first.

Has anyone else had a bad experience with Paragon NTFS on a hackintosh?

In these days I have installed Paragon NTFS too and I have the same problem of yours. I'm not on a hackintosh, I have a "original Mac". I uninstalled it and now it seems to be working as well.

Ive seen nothing but bad things with Paragon. Personally id recommend staying away from it.

I have dual boot with Win 10 and i have Paragon in Windows to see Mac partitions. Every time i copy big files from Mac to Windows(HFS to NTFS), my mac drives crash. I hate this but i need it as well. They have to support it natively.

I have dual boot with Win 10 and i have Paragon in Windows to see Mac partitions. Every time i copy big files from Mac to Windows(HFS to NTFS), my mac drives crash. I hate this but i need it as well. They have to support it natively.

I've always used Tuxera NTFS but I wanted to try Paragon NTFS (some people says it's better). Bad experience, I came back to using tuxera ... it seems to be fine now.

I use Paragon NTFS for Mac version 14.3.318 and I have had no crashes that I could remotely blame it for. But I admit that I only use it sporadically to copy files to an attached NTFS NAS.

I did go an actually purchase the software and not rely on the freebie that came originally with an external drive.

I just installed the latest trial of paragon ntfs, now my system no loger boots . It just crash on boot.

Any idea how to get rid of paragon i have another system so i have access to the drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back