1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

Im just posting this issue based on my personal experience and I would like to hear how have this work for you.

I currently have a dual boot Win8 / OS 10.8.2 and I installed the Paragon HFS+9 for windows and it seamed to work perfectly fine, no crash and perfect browsing of all files in my mac disks. BUT!!! after transferring a large image gallery from mac to windows and restart the computer the Mac OSX never saw the drive again. It damaged the partition and the file system was a complete mess and not repairable. After some research I found out that the hfs drivers had a bug and that the issue was solved with the new ones, so I decided to try again with the new drivers and this time it was much worse. After 24 hours of normal windows usage and just browsing without transferring files at all my three mac drives crash. Fortunately windows keep seeing the drives so I didn't loose any data but again I need to reformat all drives and reinstall the Mac OSX.

Note: Before this it was a flawless hackintosh, all components and features tested and 100% OK

Hardware:

z68xp-ud4
i7 2700k
16gb ddr3 1600
HD6870

Mac Drives
Samsung 256gb 830
Barracuda 1tb
Barracuda 3tb

Win Drives
Vertrex 4 256gb
Barracuda 1tb

Yes, the issue has been faced many other users too. The failure of Mac due to Paragon HFS+9 for windows has also caused severe data loss situations too.

The latest Paragon HFS+ 10 has the same bug. It killed my 10.8.3 installation twice. And once again while being uninstalled.

So. Neuer ever use the Paragon driver.

My fix..... Boot up from rboot cd - select ML Hardrive, hit space bar, input " -F " (no inverted commas) - did this multiple times and eventualy had a successful boot after a few failed attempts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back