Graphics
Asus ATI-Radeon 4890
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Ok, so i have had a working SL - Win7 - Ubuntu system since 10.6.2.
When we got to 10.6.3 my update prossess has been the same up to 10.6.6. - Install
OS X update, install netkas QE_CI patch. reboot and roll back AppleHDA.kext. I have my chameleon (now chimera) installed in a partition called EFI. This means only edits to OS X partition has been QE_CI patch and AppleHDA rollback.
In EFI partition the only kexts has been the mandetory fakesmc.kext adn the ATI-injector.kext.
When updating to 10.6.7 i followed my normal update method, but had to remove the ATI-injector. Not shure if it was a result of 10.6.7 or migrating to chimera. But everything was still working perfect, Mac Pro 5.1, Network, Graphics, 64bit, ++. After upgrading to 10.6.8 i can only boot when using the GenerateCState=Yes + GeneratePStates=Yes string. I read about the 10.6.8 uppgrade, so my system is now Mac Pro 3.1. It seamed like sombody had problems with other system defs. The problem is, even if the system boots whith the Generate C+P States. It black screens / KPs 3-5 minutes after booting. During the 3-5 minutes EVERYTHING seams fine? Network - Graphics - Hardware (systemprofiler) is the same as when when the system is 100%

What can i do?? i`m soo close to be able to purchase Lion and make my Lion boot pen.

P.S Sorry about the looong post. Got carryed away :eek:

Ok. so i got some error messages for you.

If i boot with GenerateC + P States=Yes, i can log in before getting the kernel panic:
CPU failed to respond to interrupts, unresponsive CPU bitmap.

Without Genereate C + P states i get the same KP at apple logo during boot, followed by a: debugger called double panic. I`m unable to read more because of the four language message. if i try it in -v then the machine reboots before i can read.

If i try GenerateCStates=Yes GeneratePStates=Yes -s, then the KP occurs in exactly the same way as GenerateCStates=Yes GeneratePStates=Yes (after login) if i wait at login then it KPs. Seems like i can set a timer on it. Does not matter what i do, seams like it takes about the same time when using GenerateCStates=Yes GeneratePStates=Yes.

if i boot without typing anything it looks like the panic is because of com.apple.boot.drivers.AppleCPUmanagment.kext or something in that nature.

I have tried reading more about 10.6.7-10.6.8 upgrade, but i havent found anyone with my problem :banghead:

SOLVED Panics after updating to 10.6.8

Well. This is embarrassing...

It took me a while to remember back to when i was setting my OC. I had to set a OC that worked for Windows Linux and OSX alike. When Windows booted at 4.02GHz all the others failed miserably. But i eventually got all three systems running on 3.88GHz. For some reason 10.6.8 wont run my OC. I`m now on a default clock of 133x20 2.66GHz. and everything is working again. So tomorrow i will be gently increasing my CPU clock back to 3.88 (It`s 02:16 here now) But more important, my dual boot OSX, OSX Server USB installer will now be changed to OSX SL + OSX Leo

Good night :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back