Contribute
Register

Panic/Weird install (UniBeast / Mavericks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI
CPU
Intel i3-4330
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I figured this would be an easy install, but I was wrong. I build a desktop with recommended components and had a strange install, I'm not sure if perhaps my install disk is corrupted or there is another problem.

I am using a Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI with an Intel i3-4330 processor, a Samsung EVO 120GB SSD and a Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD, and an 8GB stick of Corsair memory (I can grab the model number if need-be).

The install process seemed like it failed but I'm new to Mac so I'm not certain. I needed the maxmem=4096 boot flag, the install seemed to go smooth, then when it got to 100%, both monitors went on standby and the machine seemed to keep running.

That didn't seem like a complete install, but I wasn't sure, so I tried to boot from the thumb drive and then select the partition is was supposedly installed to, and it showed up and started to boot, and then gave me another panic as attached.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

20140424_202436.jpg

Have the same problem. This is what support.apple.com says on the topic: http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3742

Booting in Verbose mode bypassed the issue and let me into the system. I haven't updated multibeast to the newest version yet so I don't know if doing so has a more permanent fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back