Contribute
Register

Panic Upon boot-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Motherboard OR System/Laptop make and model names > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 760
I've been running Mavericks on a GA-Z87X-UD3H board with Core i7 4770k processor for the past couple of years. Yesterday I started getting "panic (cpu 3 caller)xffffff80002526cf): "a freed zone element has been modified: .....Sometimes it was (cpu 6 caller) See attached images to view the whole mess.
20160411_172559.jpg20160412_104203.jpg
This all started when I updated a Samsung Kies app on my startup drive and restarted my computer. Upon restart I now constantly get the a fore mentioned panic. A USB related issue like this happened a few months back when I tried to install a graphics tablet. I was able to fix it by uninstalling the software and reloading my Multibeast settings and everything was good until now. Reloading Multibeast setting did not fix this current problem.

After the current issue with my startup drive I was able to boot successfully numerous times to my SuperDuper created backup drive and deal with the Kies / phone issue I was having using the old version of Kies software. I figured since I was able to boot to the backup drive there must have been an issue with instructions booting the startup drive. Knowing I had a good bootable drive I used Superduper to copy my backup to my startup drive and now neither drive will boot and I get panics.

I would appreciate any insight to these issues so I can get my machine back up and running.

Mahalo

I've been running Mavericks on a GA-Z87X-UD3H board with Core i7 4770k processor for the past couple of years. Yesterday I started getting "panic (cpu 3 caller)xffffff80002526cf): "a freed zone element has been modified: .....

Try to boot with -no-zp added to your boot flags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back