Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone,

I was all excited to have my first hackintosh pc going and I've gotten stuck in a loop. After using multibeast I was told to restart the computer, and since that restart I've been stuck in a loop. It keeps saying that it needs to be restarted over and over. The message is a panic cpu 1 caller issue, says "No HPETs available... CPU(s) configured incorrectly \n"@/SourceCache/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement - 167/pmThread.c:156

There is a bunch of other information but its mostly an assortment of numbers and letters strung together, wasn't sure if they were relevant or not.

Hardware for my system:
abit ip35 pro
core 2 duo e8400
260 GTX
4gb ram
80gb sata drive + 200gb ide drive

I was tempted to just do a re-install since it wouldn't take very long but I figured I'd configure it the same way and get stuck in the loop again so figured it would be easier to get some help to see what I can do to fix it / prevent it if I did have to re-install.

Edit: A mac friend suggested I try to load in safe mode, so when it got to the bootloader I typed -x and now its just a grey screen with the apple symbol and than a white box with a grey circle crossed out and the loading orb. It's been stuck like this for aprox. 10 minutes.

Thanks,
Matt

Double edit: Solved. Re-installed and enabled the option about the cpu and its gone. Now it seems I can't change the screen resolution. I used easybeast install from multibeast, should I manually choose what i'd like?

Hi. Glad you got it solved for the most part. The easiest way I get rid of that is to delete AppleHPET.kext, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagmenetclient.kext. Reboot with boot flag -f and you're good. I don't have any issues without them because NullCPU always gave me KPs. As for your screen resolution, on my Toshiba laptop I am able to get all of my native resolutions by using macpro 8.1 system definition and I also enabled fakesmcplugins. In the org.chameleon.boot.plist (Extra folder) open that and it will give you some message saying it's secured or something, just click continue and under "flags" type arch=i386. Reboot and let me know how it goes.

I've found the chameleon.boot.plist file, but where do i input the command. The other objects in the list all have <key> XXXXXX </key>
followed by a <string> XXXXXX </string>

I don't find anything listed as a flag, and I'd rather not mess about with anything as I've already had to re-install the OS twice because of mistakes made with the multibeast and me choosing the wrong options.

My mistake, I do mostly all of my typing on my desktop pc which is still using windows 7 for now, so I went by memory. It goes in the <string></string> part. So for example it would be

<string> arch=i386 </string>

Also, I don't use easy beast because it installs things that cause my system to have Kp's. Under multibeast I choose:

-System Utilities
-Misc (just about everything is safe for me except nullcpu and whatever that first option is, I don't remember it off hand)
-bootloader (themes, optional)

Anything else you can do on your own but with those I've never gotten a KP and I've used that setting on both my dads laptop (Dell Studio 1735) and my laptop (Toshiba L755).

Inserted the string, didn't change anything.

The issue is prior to restarting after doing the multibeast stuff, under system info my graphics card (260 gtx) was recognized, but after the restart it just says gpu so I'm unable to change the resolution. I tried to google / search it and only suggestion was to have graphics enabler on, which was already set.

The other issue I've run into is my mouse wheel, the scroll wheel is reversed so scrolling down goes up, and scrolling up goes down. Any suggestions?

mansueto said:
Inserted the string, didn't change anything.

The issue is prior to restarting after doing the multibeast stuff, under system info my graphics card (260 gtx) was recognized, but after the restart it just says gpu so I'm unable to change the resolution. I tried to google / search it and only suggestion was to have graphics enabler on, which was already set.

The other issue I've run into is my mouse wheel, the scroll wheel is reversed so scrolling down goes up, and scrolling up goes down. Any suggestions?
That's new in Lion. Edit the preferences for the mouse in the ctrl panel...the setting is there.

Nothing about the scroll in the mouse option in system preferences. Theres only tracking, scrolling and double-click speed. Nothing about the direction the scroll goes. Still not sure how to get get my gpu to be recognized so I can change the resolution. Google turned up something about NVenabler and to install it with multibeast but I don't see that anywhere and didn't want to mess anything up so figured I'd ask again.

If it helps I have the evga 260 GTX with dual dvi and it says it's supported by enabling NVenabler in multibeast but I don't see that option. Should I enable pci root id fix?

EDIT: After some reading I enabled the pci root id fix and under the system info it now recognizes my graphics card and I can change resolutions. Now I just need to fix the scroll and I think I'm set to start using my mac!

mansueto said:
Nothing about the scroll in the mouse option in system preferences. Theres only tracking, scrolling and double-click speed. Nothing about the direction the scroll goes. Still not sure how to get get my gpu to be recognized so I can change the resolution. Google turned up something about NVenabler and to install it with multibeast but I don't see that anywhere and didn't want to mess anything up so figured I'd ask again.

If it helps I have the evga 260 GTX with dual dvi and it says it's supported by enabling NVenabler in multibeast but I don't see that option. Should I enable pci root id fix?

EDIT: After some reading I enabled the pci root id fix and under the system info it now recognizes my graphics card and I can change resolutions. Now I just need to fix the scroll and I think I'm set to start using my mac!

You can change the reverse scroll in System Preferences under the mouse options.

Edit: Thanks, didn't realize the scroll thing, it was worded in a wierd way.

Reverse scroll option only shows up when apple's magic mouse is installed, afaik.

Tried looking for the mac drivers your mouse brand may offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back