Graphics
Radeon 6970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys, sorry I'm a newb to the this. I finally through trial and error go my HP 4530s to boot into snowleopard without using iboot or anything. when I ran the update combo 10.6.8 I'm getting a panic error. How does one fix this?

Thanks a ton!

Attachments

• IMAG0110.jpg
    IMAG0110.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 300
johnboy693
Please place nullcpumanagement.kext in /Extra/Extensions folder to past the error temporarily.

Did you run HP Installer before rebooting with option 10.6.8 checked? It should replace AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext in /System/Library/Extensions with patched one specifically for 10.6.8

Attachments

• NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip
    24.4 KB · Views: 127
I thought that I did but maybe not .sorry I'm new to the macintosh thing how do I do that if I can't get into the o s ?
also thank you so much for the quick reply with help

ok I strong armed it by pulling the HD and transfering it with MacDrive on my PC... Now that I think of it I KNOW I ran the HP installer before that happened. How do I verify that it has the right settings now?

NOW i have a new one panic (cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80002d1208) I'm so confused

hmmm... why do you wanna stick with leopard when theres a better/more stable operating for your PC...
try installing LION!

Actually I don't think it's more stable than s/l and definitely seems slower, It also takes longer to load up.

Dewitts said:
Actually I don't think it's more stable than s/l and definitely seems slower, It also takes longer to load up.
Not on my build. Lion is actually much faster and responsive than SL.

@OP:
Have you tried to boot/install with a different system definition than MacBookPro 8.1 ?

Actually I loaded lion, and works like a champ. It may seem a little slower though. How do you load a different definition besides 8.1? I'd like to see if it makes a difference.

Just run Multibest and select a new definition in the options, including System Utilities and Extension Migration. Also use Onyx to clean your machine thoroughly first before you run MB again. See if that improves things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back