Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I got error message when install EL Capital on Dell Precision :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::

Panic (CPU 0 caller 0xffffff801b0d0c24): "Unable to find driver for this platform...

Hardware list:

- Dell Precision T5400, 2 CPU Xeon 5160 3.0GHz
- Bios version A02
- Graphic: GT 740 sc

Any help will be appreciated,

20151226_183700.jpg

Same sh*t right here, also a Dell Precision (1600). Thread lost in translation neither brought a solution, pls help us!

Hi,

I got error message when install EL Capital on Dell Precision :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::

Panic (CPU 0 caller 0xffffff801b0d0c24): "Unable to find driver for this platform...

Hardware list:

- Dell Precision T5400, 2 CPU Xeon 5160 3.0GHz
- Bios version A02
- Graphic: GT 740 sc

Any help will be appreciated,

View attachment 169166

There are a few things that you might try :

Use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.
or
Use a DSDT / SSDT
or
Remove references to your DSDT / SSDT in your config.plist.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-support/173991-big-list-solutions-el-capitan-install-problems.html

I tried the solutions. One was the Big Bang! I just opened the config.plist with textedit and deleted the first string that included the ACPI references.
Don't know what to say.

--> :headbang::clap::clap::clap: *Virtual declaration of Love @ Pilgrim

I tried the solutions. One was the Big Bang! I just opened the config.plist with textedit and deleted the first string that included the ACPI references.
After removed the first string included the ACPI references, apple logo appeared and run 2/3 bar and show me another logo :oops::oops::oops::oops:

20151228_224001.jpg20151228_224001.jpg

...after three days off massive research and endless try and error orgies, I now figured it out. The problem is that both chipset and CPU in a Dell Precision are...special :p With the help of this gorgeous site I was able to fix the Kernel panics.
After all, the problem with unibeast was a too minimised ACPI-configuration, whilst a full Clover installation was too complex in terms of ACPI (and others).
So what I basically did was I used Unibeast in order to create the stick (legacy!) so that with the lovely Clover configurator I could afterwards slim down ACPI to fix Darwin and fix USB only. Keeping in mind the necessary bootflags (-v npci=2000 -x + furthers) I then reached the installer.
After Installation i just had to remove a kext in -s mode.
If you have not yet been successful, I could post my config-plist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back