Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone !

I have been attempting to boot the Lion's installer for 2 days now. In verbose mode, these are the last lines I'm getting before the machine reboots:
Code:
CPU is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU        860 @ 2.80GHz, family 0x6...
Customizing SystemID with : e0ce17f7...
ACPI table not found: DSDT.aml
ACPI table not found: SSDT.aml
FADT: Restart Fix applied!
Starting Darwing x86

I don't really understand why my DSDT.aml file remains not found ...

Snow Leopard is working fine and I tried to install the same custom DSDT with MultiBeast on the Installer partition but no luck.
I also tried to add the 2 following lines to com.apple.Boot.plist:
Code:
	<key>DSDT</key>
	<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>
I tried to install FakeSMC, then NullCPUPowerManagement but I still get the exact same behavior.

Any idea ?

Thanks !

tnxgalaxy said:
Hi everyone !

I have been attempting to boot the Lion's installer for 2 days now. In verbose mode, these are the last lines I'm getting before the machine reboots:
Code:
CPU is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU        860 @ 2.80GHz, family 0x6...
Customizing SystemID with : e0ce17f7...
ACPI table not found: DSDT.aml
ACPI table not found: SSDT.aml
Starting Darwing x86

I don't really understand why my DSDT.aml file remains not found ...

Snow Leopard is working fine and I tried to install the same custom DSDT with MultiBeast on the Installer partition but no luck.
I also tried to add the 2 following lines to com.apple.Boot.plist:
Code:
	<key>DSDT</key>
	<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>
I tried to install FakeSMC, then NullCPUPowerManagement but I still get the exact same behavior.

Any idea ?

Thanks !

1.boot to original sl drive
2. delete any custom sleep kext you may have (or any kext that may cause the boot problem)
3 got to your install drive and remove acpi_smc_platform plugin found in system/library/extensions/ioplatformpluginfamily.kext/show package contents/contents/plugins
4. run multibeast on the sl drive and check easy beast and system utilities
5. reboot to install it should work now.

eibborthompson said:
2. delete any custom sleep kext you may have (or any kext that may cause the boot problem)
3 got to your install drive and remove acpi_smc_platform plugin found in system/library/extensions/ioplatformpluginfamily.kext/show package contents/contents/plugins
Thanks for your help,

Followed the step and still had the panic so:
- cleared the Install partition and repopulated it with xMove (just to make sure all my changes are cleared)
- didn't apply any Multibeast modification to Installer this time
- Removed the acpi_smc_platform file as in step 3
- booted up from the Installer partition
- without any option: gray apple boot screen foever (no hdd activity)
- with -v: exact same output as before and then reboot
Is there something obvious I missed ?

tnxgalaxy said:
eibborthompson said:
Thanks for your help,

- cleared the Install partition and repopulated it with xMove (just to make sure all my changes are cleared)

The MultiBeast operations are to be done to the SL drive, not the Installer partition. They, among other things rebuild the cache and make sure the bootloader will boot the installer properly. I forgot to mention install the latest version of Chimera to the SL drive.

Try and report back.

eibborthompson said:
tnxgalaxy said:
eibborthompson said:
Thanks for your help,

The MultiBeast operations are to be done to the SL drive, not the Installer partition. They, among other things rebuild the cache and make sure the bootloader will boot the installer properly. I forgot to mention install the latest version of Chimera to the SL drive.

Try and report back.

Is all of your data backup'd up btw? I'd make sure it was. You can use an app called SuperDuper to make a bootable clone of your SL drive just in case

eibborthompson said:
Try and report back.
I have done the MultiBeast operations to the SL drive all right. I forgot to mention I was booting from a iBoot CD (v3.1.1).
Does Chimera really have to be installed to the SL drive in this case ?

Thanks !

EDIT: Ok I just found that iBoot 3.1.1 doesn't work for Lion, that explains everything !

Thanks again!

i'm having the exact same problem, so i'm closely watching the developement of this thread. please keep it updated, and report on any success or fail. thnx :)

tnxgalaxy said:
eibborthompson said:
Try and report back.
I have done the MultiBeast operations to the SL drive all right. I forgot to mention I was booting from a iBoot CD (v3.1.1).
Does Chimera really have to be installed to the SL drive in this case ?

Thanks !

EDIT: Ok I just found that iBoot 3.1.1 doesn't work for Lion, that explains everything !

Thanks again!

Yeah iBoot doesn't work with the lion installer, only Chimera. I'm not clear, did you get it to work?

I managed to boot with iboot newest into lion to fix some things all you need to do is type mach_kernel at prompt

katrocks said:
I managed to boot with iboot newest into lion to fix some things all you need to do is type mach_kernel at prompt

oh neat - good to know. thanks.

Did you get the lion installer to boot finally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back