Contribute
Register

Panic and Others

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say it appeared as External. I said when I select the option in Finder » Preferences, that is when the internal HDD will appear on desktop. But ordinarily, the External drives don't display on Desktop.

There is separate options for showing "Hard disks" vs. "External disks"... isn't there?

No such nasty behaviour in 10.11.

Seems like your issue may not be a hackintosh issue. Test on a real Mac.

You should not be surprised to find bugs in beta macOS...

There is separate options for showing "Hard disks" vs. "External disks"... isn't there?
Yes, sir. The "External disks" option was selected as default but nothing appears on Desktop.

I wish I can lay my hands on one.
That's what I thought. I'll endure the rough drive for a while. Thanks, sir.

I don't have this problem on my Y50. There was a bug where the year was set to 2039 if shutdown is buggy, but I just set it to not autoupdate the time (since my dual boot windows can do that). I wonder if it's related.

I don't have this problem on my Y50.
You used hotpatch method? I noticed all my USB devices were seen as external drives immediately after the installation, but they were all disappeared from Desktop during post installation using hotpatch method. I'm just wondering if one or more downloaded files or kexts could have caused it.

Honestly, I don't like the idea of my USB devises being seen as internal devices.

RehabMan, please any idea?

You used hotpatch method? I noticed all my USB devices were seen as external drives immediately after the installation, but they were all disappeared from Desktop during post installation using hotpatch method. I'm just wondering if one or more downloaded files or kexts could have caused it.

Honestly, I don't like the idea of my USB devises being seen as internal devices.

RehabMan, please any idea?

Read guide post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Please specify in ioreg where you see external devices as internal.

Note that the SSDT-USB-4x0-G1.dsl SSDT for USB was only just added a few minutes ago (prior to that no one had provided the necessary data). So chances are you do not have a custom SSDT to configure USBInjectAll.kext correctly.

Please specify in ioreg where you see external devices as internal.
Honestly, I don't know how to locate it in ioreg. What I know is that they don't show up on Desktop only in "Computer".

Note that the SSDT-USB-4x0-G1.dsl SSDT for USB was only just added a few minutes ago (prior to that no one had provided the necessary data). So chances are you do not have a custom SSDT to configure USBInjectAll.kext correctly.
Should I just update using download_sh and install_download.sh? Or would you please show me, in a layman's way, how to provide you with the "necessary data" so you can help with custom SSDT?

Thank you, sir.

Honestly, I don't know how to locate it in ioreg. What I know is that they don't show up on Desktop only in "Computer".

When you attach and detach devices, you will see them appear/disappear in ioreg. Do a little experimentation and you'll learn something...

Should I just update using download_sh and install_download.sh? Or would you please show me, in a layman's way, how to provide you with the "necessary data" so you can help with custom SSDT?

The guide explains how to update when the github repo is updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back