Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am having a few issues with my mac at the moment.

I am unable to sleep it, as soon as i do it just powers up again within a few seconds then the computer crashes.

i have this same problem when turning the mac off, when i turn it off it just powers on after a few seconds again.

also ive got a magic mouse, and when i turned the mac on it used to connect and work straight away a few weeks later i got the Bluetooth wireless keyboard, now when i boot it up i have to use a mouse to connect them again, which defeats the point of having them really, plus the keyboard is an absolute hassle to get going as i got to remove it and re-pair it with the computer.

i haven't don't speed stepping as i have no idea what it is, haven't got a dsdt added on, haven't set up the Bluetooth device with a proper kext. as i am not entirely to sure what and how to go about it. does anyone else know of these issues?

Please help, i'll buy you a beer :)

im willing to help out with getting codes and stuff. but seriously nobody knows?

youll need sleepenabler as you are using easybeast

cool is it a generic sleepenabler.kext that i need or do i need a custom one? and do need to have a dsdt setup or shouldnt that matter?

you need sleepenabler for whichever version and update of osx you are using, eg 10.7.2

sleepenabler is usually only needed if you are using nullcpupowermanagement, which you are as you are using easybeast.

if you create a dsdt, and use that alongside a patched appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext (google 'speedstepper') you should have native sleep

see i followed toosixtys guide, and i am using a appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext not a nullcpupowermanagement i think it was the one that came with toosixty's guide that i am using, the computer works so it must be alright, all i dont have it a DSDT so if i make one of those i should have native sleep? and i will follow your guide to making a DSDT but i imagine im going to bugger something up :p

youve already used easybeast, so the kexts will overide the dsdt. nullcpu is installed with easybeast, so its still there unless you deleted it.

have a look at the easybeast option in mulltibeast, it tells you what is installed, and where.
then delete everything it installed, and then create the dsdt, and select userdsdt in multibeast.

okay cause yeh i just made it and obviously i tried the sleep and it didnt work, but i cant remeber choosing the easybeast option and never deleted the nullintelcpumanagment.kext

but okay i will delete the Kexts that it has installed and then make the new one of should i restart before i create the dsdt.aml?

if you didnt install easybeast, and you didnt use userdsdt, how is the system booting?

go into /system/library/extensions, and if you see nullcpumanagement and evoreboot, you selected easybeast.
delete the kexts easybeast installed, then restart using the unibeast stick and create the dsdt.

then use multibeast, but select userdsdt instead of easybeast, and any other options needed such as lnx2macs ethernet kext.
also install the appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext that you got from toosixty's guide

then when thats done, restart without the unibeast guide and it should boot up off the harddrive, using the dsdt.
then make sure youve followed the tips in the sleep guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1165

then test it.

hopefully it works, if not, im outta ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back