Contribute
Register

P8P67 Pro Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonymac, Thanks for looking into the other boot cd. I was wondering what was different and what was behind it. I truly appreciate your work.

beelzebozo said:
turkleton said:
The process was pretty easy. I booted using iBoot-Legacy with the "PciRoot=2" switch (I tried "PciRoot=1" but it didnt work) and used just 4 GB memory. Installed as usual. You could also use the Gigabyte boot CD I'm sure.

After the install I booted with the Gigabyte boot CD and just did a simple installation of 10.6.5 update using the combo update file (not software update). I didn't replace any kexts or anything, just went through the installers one by one as I said above. When installing Multibeast I simply chose "easybeast" and that was all.

I'm hoping someone can work on a DSDT or some modified kexts for the P8P67 so it will run a little better.

Why don't you do a DSDT extract and post it in the DSDT section? I wouldn't mind taking a look at it.

NVM, I just found out there is no extraction tool yet for EUFI bios yet.

I'm guessing, no 8gb Memory support yet? :(

Hmm, so far I have tried most of the solutions here and I've had no luck getting my P8P67-Pro to do anything other than give me a black screen. After darwin starts loading, the only message I get before the black is that the legacy USB is being turned off on the controller. I wonder if this has anything to do with my 8800GTS. Seems like some of you are using newer graphics cards.

For those that have gotten this to work, please also specify which SATA port your CD drive is plugged into.

Are you using the CD called iBoot-Legacy or the Gigabyte boot CD? I was always getting the black screen if I used anything else.
Also, my DVD drive is plugged into one of the four intel 3Gb ports. They are the light blue ones.

Sure, I'll try booting with that option when I get a chance.
I just posted my full hardware and install method here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=10863

UPDATE:
I'm skeptical on if this actually worked but I'm posting the DSDT I just extracted using DSDTSE. I put it in /Extra and rebooted but I doesn't seem to be having any effect so far.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    33 KB · Views: 125
OK, I just replaced my Gigabyte mobo with P8P67 and it is working fine with some ( does not bother me) stutter.

1) IBoot legacy
2) SL retail Disk " -v pciroot=2"
3) Complete Installation
4) IBoot Legacy
5) Boot into fresh install "-v pciroot=2"
6) Enter Personal Info
7) Download and install 10.6.5 Combo update let it complete but do not restart
8) Install Bridge Helper
9) Install Multibeast with only Easybeast option checked none other.
10) Re-start and let the battle of the kext begin.

My video card HD5770 is working fine , however I lost Sound and Network. Any help with this matter is appriciated.

Regards/ike

beelzebozo said:
NVM, I just found out there is no extraction tool yet for EUFI bios yet.

Not true, I extracted a DSDT off the MSI P67A-GD55 and it worked just fine with the regular tools. However, editing it is a different matter. That said, I don't know if Asus has done something different and it doesn't work on their boards, as they have a different UEFI from MSI, even though the base code is from AMI in both cases. Also please note that Foxconn, Biostar and ECS all use a UEFI from a company that mainly did BIOS solution for notebooks (to my knowledge they never made one for desktop boards) and they have a very BIOS looking UEFI interface. Intel has their own UEFI as well, which again looks like a typical BIOS.

turkleton said:
Sure, I'll try booting with that option when I get a chance.
I just posted my full hardware and install method here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=10863

UPDATE:
I'm skeptical on if this actually worked but I'm posting the DSDT I just extracted using DSDTSE. I put it in /Extra and rebooted but I doesn't seem to be having any effect so far.

Have you tested energy saver sleep without the use of an enabler yet?

Does the system sleep/wake?

turkyildiz said:
OK, I just replaced my Gigabyte mobo with P8P67 and it is working fine with some ( does not bother me) stutter.

Turkyildiz: You mean that you got a Gigabyte instead of the Asus and that the Gigabyte is working fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back