Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Could you help me compile the Kexts that I need to get the best performance out of this and get it working/stable. Anyone who has even bits and pieces of this or a similar build and could give advice it would be much appreciated.

Would like to go right to the latest version of lion, and hopeful keep it up to date.

Anything I need for the HD 5770 to make that work

Anything for the mobo, like for lan, sleep and audio (Realtek ALC892)

Anything I'm forgetting. Anything you can tell me would be great.

Additional specs:
Antec 902 Case
CM N520 Cooler
Antec 750w Modular PSU
8GB Gskill Sniper Ram @ 1600MHz
640GB WD HDD

bump. Anyone?

Actually you won't need any external kexts with your setup. Should all work OOB.

Just use Tony's new USB install and that should be it.

The only problem I see is that there is no DSDT for your board in the database dsdt.php but EASYbeast should work too. :)

Thanks again.

Looks great, but I dont have a mac to begin with, am I completely SOL or is there a PC way to do this to start with? something like wintoflash?

edgeonaboat said:
Thanks again.

Looks great, but I dont have a mac to begin with, am I completely SOL or is there a PC way to do this to start with? something like wintoflash?

My background: I have the P8P67-M-Pro MB with an i7 2600k and 16GB memory running Lion 10.7.2 solid with a HD 5770 running three displays. But then I have a good number of Mac Hacks to draw from.

You pose a interesting situation: How to create a Mac Hack without access to a Mac or Mac Hack? There must be a way.

I can only offer things to try. You could start by downloading (from Tony's download page) the rBoot and rBoot Le zip files. These zips contain iso files so you can burn boot CDs using Windows tools such as Nero burn image function.

This would get you to the point that you could boot into a Mac Hack "boot loader".

Then you need something to boot. Apple sells Lion on a USB stick. Do you have this?

neil

PS: if you are going to play around trying to create a hack, you need to have at least one extra SATA hard drive and DO NOT use your current boot/system drive for any of this.
You need to shutdown and disconnect the Windows boot/system drive(s) before booting into any Mac hacks.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone. I was able to borrow my friends mac and get unibeast on my flash drive.

got everything up and running so far, except maybe sleep, but I'll play around with that and see what I can do.

Audio: Working.
LAN: Working.
Display: Working.
All hardware is detected as it should, I'll post back with some pics of settings if anyone else ends up needing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back