Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My audio has stopped working and i have run multibeast several times clicking on
System Utilities
ALC8XXXHDA
AppleHDA Rollback
In nondsdt - selected all of them at once, and each on individually, and deleted the ALC from the system extensions folder. i know it should be the ALC892 but i thought why not anyways, but it just doesnt seem to work no matter what i do or how many times i install it or run kext wizard afterwards to!

i was hoping this would of been the easiest of things to fix? can someone send me down a path, like "delete these files and try the multibeast again with selecting these ones!"

I have the same motherboard. Audio is working fine for me after installing:

ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDARollback
ALC892

You have to make sure none of the other Audio KEXTs are present and don't install any of the Voodoo stuff either. Make sure you run the Kext Utility to rebuild the cache files and the repair permissions from within Multibeast. I remember older versions required these files to be installed a few times from within multibeast (i.e. install, reboot, install again).

Confirm in the sound preference pane that you are seeing output devices showing up in there. If they are showing up within there you are going in the wrong jack or something. At this point though it sounds like a conflict due to installing all the ALC drivers at once.

Hope this helps.

Make sure to backup your com.chameleon.Boot.plist incase Multibeast writes over it!

In 10.6 this was the post that got everything up and running for me. Don't know how much has changed but it will at least give you the files to remove for reinstalling audio.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19468

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back