Graphics
GeForce 8400 GS
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Both USB 3 Ports dont work on my hackintosh. Do i need special kexts for them in 10.6.7?

does no one have an idea?

Hi,

Which "flavor" of that mainboard do you have?

I've got an P8H67-V, using the Renesas/NEC driver from multibeast the USB 3.0 jacks worked before. Due to lack of USB 3.0 devices I have tested them using USB 2.0 devices only, but the driver handling the 2.0 and 3.0 accesses are the same, so 3.0 should do as well.

Best regards,
Daniel

i have the p8h67-m and i tried the last multibeast drivers for usb 3.0.
i dont see any usb device plugged in the usb 3 ports, also older 2.0 devices.
usb 3 is activated in the bios.

Hi Stu

The reason is that Asus are using Marvell Chipset for USB 3 and not NEC. If I plug in a SIIG USB 3.0 board in my mobo that one works. So we need the kext for marvell chipset.

Interesting. Does such a kext exist already?

Hi,

Asus is not using Marvell chips for USB 3.0.

The XHCI controllers used in Asus boards usually are ASMedia controllers.
For the P8H67-V it is the ASM1042 (http://www.asmedia.com.tw/eng/e_show_products.php?item=100&cate_index=98), I guess the other boards from the P8H67-series use these, too. ASMedia is a company belonging to Asus as far as I am concerned.

I don't know how and why, but my USB 3.0 jacks worked with the NEC/Renesas driver. Maybe I unknowingly had some other kexts installed? I don't know, had my OS X messed up pretty badly in the end...

Best regards,
Daniel

thats true, the board has an asmedia chip on it.
so i just need to find out which kexts are the right ones.

Almost all current ASUS boards are using NEC controllers, at least at a mid or high range of prices. (Maybe all P67 boards??)

But is true, they are moving to use their own ASmedia controllers, as other manufacturers will do. (Gigabyte is moving to Etron controllers )

And for the upcoming Z68 chipsets, no more Nec-Renesas chips, of course.

Did U use the MultiBeast NEC/Renesas kext found in MultiBeast Miscellaneous heading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back