CPU
E3-1270 v3
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi. I have an Asus P861-M LE/BR and I have some issues with my audio. I have reading almost everything and tested a lot of kexts without any luck (with and without DSDT). The nearest solution I had was with Realtek ALC8xx -> Without DSDT -> ALC887 -> v100302 Current in the last Multibeast (5.1.3-1), but only with the back audio working (front doesn't work) and the back port audio have a lot of issues (sometimes works, sometimes not, sometimes I get an horrible audio, sometimes the volume is kinda low and without a way to up, and the list goes on).

So, I'm posting the codecdump from my linux installation (working perfect), the DSDT that I've used to test and my IOReg.

Here's my two DSDTs, one without any additional patch, only with the errors and warnings fixed, and other with DTGP, RTC and Shutdown ASUS applied.

http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3448

codecdump and IOReg attached.

Thanks.

Attachments

• codecdump_and_IOReg.zip
    398.8 KB · Views: 71
Hi. I have an Asus P861-M LE/BR and I have some issues with my audio. I have reading almost everything and tested a lot of kexts without any luck (with and without DSDT). The nearest solution I had was with Realtek ALC8xx -> Without DSDT -> ALC887 -> v100302 Current in the last Multibeast (5.1.3-1), but only with the back audio working (front doesn't work) and the back port audio have a lot of issues (sometimes works, sometimes not, sometimes I get an horrible audio, sometimes the volume is kinda low and without a way to up, and the list goes on).

So, I'm posting the codecdump from my linux installation (working perfect), the DSDT that I've used to test and my IOReg.

Here's my two DSDTs, one without any additional patch, only with the errors and warnings fixed, and other with DTGP, RTC and Shutdown ASUS applied.
IOReg looks correct. Have you tried a clean 10.8.2 install with only audio installed? Front panel audio problems are usually a front panel problem. With only 3 audio ports on the back, only the green port works; the others are inputs. If you want the blue and pink ports to be outputs, you have to change the Audio_ID.

What is the purpose of the dsdt? No interest in downloading anything from osx86.net.

IOReg looks correct. Have you tried a clean 10.8.2 install with only audio installed? Front panel audio problems are usually a front panel problem. With only 3 audio ports on the back, only the green port works; the others are inputs. If you want the blue and pink ports to be outputs, you have to change the Audio_ID.

What is the purpose of the dsdt? No interest in downloading anything from osx86.net.

Thanks for reply.
I'm the uploader of those DSDTs and I just post the link to show what DSDT I used when I made my tests with then.
My front ports works in linux and windows perfectly, only in ML I have this problem, and yes, Ive tried a clean 10.8.2 install with only audio installed, same issue.
About the ports, I don't even use my back ports, only the mic and headphone ports in front (not working atm).

About the ports, I don't even use my back ports, only the mic and headphone ports in front (not working atm).
That is not what you said in the first post. If you don't use the rear port and the front port does not work, what are all these issues?
(sometimes works, sometimes not, sometimes I get an horrible audio, sometimes the volume is kinda low and without a way to up, and the list goes on)

That is not what you said in the first post. If you don't use the rear port and the front port does not work, what are all these issues?

I'm using the back port now cause my front port isn't working (and I have all of these issues with the back port). Sorry if I complicate more than it should.

Update: I don't know how difficult is but.. can I just redirect the back audio port to the front port? or just replicate perhaps?

Update2: I've made a clean install, without any additional kext. When I test using my DSDT (with errors fixed, HDEF patch and DTGP), I can even see my card, but without sound.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-27 at 10.48.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-27 at 10.48.59 AM.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 156
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back