Graphics
Radeon HD 7700 Ghz edition
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey i'm new to hackintoshing and I need some help..
I successfully installed yosemite on my ssd.. but when I try to boot it from the boot loader (Chimera 4.1.0, also tried clover)
the apple logo shows up and when the loading bar reaches about 40% the screen becomes black for a few moment and then the cursor shows up with the black screen turning gray and few seconds later that the screen displays all these broken pixels (which I think people calls garbled), and it stays like that forever.. I can only boot it with safe mode and when I got into safe mode I tried all the boot flags, modification, DSDT injection but didn't solve the problem..
I think it's the graphic card's problem so I researched about it for a bit and found an article that says the HD 7xxx series need integrated graphics for booting, and then use 7xxx after booting but my board P7P55D LE doesn't have integrated graphics so I gave up on that, and I tried
Geforce 210 graphics card and it actually did boot! but.. that card won't run games and stuffs smoothly so I threw it away..

Any solutions with getting rid of that garbled screen guys..? pls help.. sorry for the poor English

Geforce 210 graphics card and it actually did boot! but.. that card won't run games and stuffs smoothly so I threw it away..

Any solutions with getting rid of that garbled screen guys..? pls help.. sorry for the poor English

Yikes a GT 210 - never been a gaming card:lol:

The HD7770 requires the bootloader and extra folder to be installed to the EFI partition when using Chameleon/Chimera derived bootloaders.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/115818-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

The Asus boards normally have disk1 as premier sata booting selection.

Oh I already installed the bootloader to the EFI partition on my ssd.. the problem here actually is that when I try booting mac os without safe mode flag the garbled screen shows up.. But thanks for your comment!

Oh I already installed the bootloader to the EFI partition on my ssd.. the problem here actually is that when I try booting mac os without safe mode flag the garbled screen shows up.. But thanks for your comment!

Try booting with "PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No -f"

Try booting with "PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No -f"

Tried that just right now, and I got a new pattern of garbled screen, it's that it shows some particle of my windows icon, background like the picture here
DSC_0079.jpgDSC_0080.jpgDSC_0078.jpg
btw, my windows and mac is installed on different drives, I used chimera boot loader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back