CPU
i5 4430
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I just finished installing 10.6.5 using iboot+multibeast on my p7p55d with 1807 bios. I am using the DSDT from kexts.com and everything is working great. I just ran geekbench 32bit and my score is a low 3492.

CPU is an i5-750 running at 3.2ghz
RAM is 2x2gb 1600mhz running @ 1600mhz
I am using XMP profile 1

I have tried removing the DSDT from the Extras folder and my score did not change at all.

Can anybody provide some insight as to why my score is so low?

Thanks.

UPDATE: Just had the strangest thing happen. I reset my bios to default values then ran geekbench again. I managed to pull of a 6200 and something. I then set the ram speed to 1600mhz, ran geekbench again, score was 6300 something. I then upped the cpu multiplier from 17 to 20 and ran geekbench. Score is 3492. Reset bios values back to default, geekbench score is now 2800 something.

UPDATE 2: Ok I think it's fixed now. The problem is the 1807 BIOS is kind of quirky when it comes to speedstep. You have to enable speedstep in the CPU advanced configuration then immediately save and reboot. Do not go back in to the BIOS settings because if you do, speedstep will be turned back off and you'll get a low geekbench score. The best solution is to NOT upgrade to 1807.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back