Contribute
Register

P7P55D-E PRO with i7 2.9 and ASUS Geforce GTS250 - sticking with 10.6!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P7P55D-E PRO
CPU
Intel i7-870 Processor
Graphics
Asus 2G GTX 660 Card
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've given up trying to get Maverick on this thing. The black screens during OS build are simply too frustrating, and I have tried a few of the options.

Also, during this experiment, I managed to get the DSDT working finally for snow leopard, perhaps there was a an incremental fix to multibeast?

So, my P7P55D-E PRO with i7 and ASUS Geforce GTS250 will remain a snow leopard base, primarily for video editing.

Apart from the nice to have, I'm not sure Maverick really adds anything. Anyhow, either I will get a new video card once the MacPro is released, or build a new box!

I might focus on the HDA and USB3 next, as it's running well on an SSD!

I've given up trying to get Maverick on this thing. The black screens during OS build are simply too frustrating, and I have tried a few of the options.

Also, during this experiment, I managed to get the DSDT working finally for snow leopard, perhaps there was a an incremental fix to multibeast?

So, my P7P55D-E PRO with i7 and ASUS Geforce GTS250 will remain a snow leopard base, primarily for video editing.

Apart from the nice to have, I'm not sure Maverick really adds anything. Anyhow, either I will get a new video card once the MacPro is released, or build a new box!

I have an OS X Mavericks video guide linked in my signature where I install it on my ASUS P7P55D. It was very simple to do.

omega.factor

I agree with you completely - Ever sice the roll out of Snow Leo Apple has yet to overcome that milestone.
Its kind of like their 1984 video - close but no cigar!!!

I too believe that certain OSX versions only are ment for certain hardware. And in this case Mavericks is for Haswell.

Its a shame that planned obsolesence comes into play with manufactures.

But as someone once said if it works why breakit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back