Graphics
Nvidia gtx 680 4gb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Has anyone been able to get the onboard firewire on the p7p55d-e pro working? I'd really like to be able to jam this guy . . . for some reason my (firewire) drive don't get recognized when I plug it in. System profiler DOES show a firewire bus active though.

What are/were you plugging into your firewire port, and has the problem been resolved? I'm using the same mobo and same thing happened to me with an eGo 500GB external drive. It recognized it the first time I plugged it in, then I copied a bunch of stuff to it from another Mac, and when I plugged it back in, it wouldn't recognize it, but it showed that it was connected in the system profile, it just wouldn't mount it. I tried connecting it via USB2 and it worked. Later, I tried connecting it via firewire again and suddenly it worked again. Can't explain it. I'm planning to get a firewire audio interface since I'm running Logic Pro, hope it doesn't get flakey on me again later.

Attachments

• DSDTFiles.zip
    43.4 KB · Views: 66
Ive got the same problem to! Has anyone found a solution...?

I would try and provide feedback but I don't have any firewire devices to test it out. Sorry.

Did you install easybeast or use a dsdt file? I don't know if it would matter or not but just curious.

Brainshole said:
I would try and provide feedback but I don't have any firewire devices to test it out. Sorry.

Did you install easybeast or use a dsdt file? I don't know if it would matter or not but just curious.

I used easybeast (what's dsdt anyway?). In my case, I was using an iomega ego 500GB ext drive. For all I know it could be an issue with the drive itself. Won't know for sure though until I test out another firewire device.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php?title=DSDT

Here is the wiki page that helps explain dsdt. I would fail miserabley if I tried to explain it. Cleaner install and fewer kexts for me and usb worked without having any added kexts. You still have to enable sound and ethernet using a UserDSDT file through multibeast.

I have the same P7P55D-E Pro mobo and overall the system is working fine. I have an older DIGI 002 audio interface that is Firewire(1394) only and would like to try and use it, but hate to screw up a good thing. Would a 1394 PCI card be an easier route in general ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back