Contribute
Register

P7P55D DSDT EDITING - So Far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried your P7P55D-E 1402 DSDT and I can confirm it works, at least up to the point where I got it working with EasyBeast:

Autosleep doesn't work, but putting the system to sleep with the menu option does.

EMV said:
I tried your P7P55D-E 1402 DSDT and I can confirm it works, at least up to the point where I got it working with EasyBeast:

Autosleep doesn't work, but putting the system to sleep with the menu option does.

Great to hear! I didn't get energy saving sleep to work with the DSDT yet but you can use this and it will work with the DSDT:

http://www.dragonone.com/products/macosx/pleasesleep/.

It does a manual sleep based on energy saving settings.

beelzebozo said:
Here is a P7P55D-Pro DSDT for bios 1702.

Hi bellzebozo...

Is this dsdt edited and ready to run or i need to make modifications??

What aditional kexts i need to run my system? is a P7p55d pro. i dont need to sleep machine.

Thanks, and sorry for my english

i have a asus p7p55d-deluxe, the bios version is 2003.
i use dsdtpatcherGUI get a dsdt, now my computer can sleep, but have no sound. then i use voodoo, it works, but the sounds intermittently! please help me.
forget my poor english.

p7p55d-deluxe
i5-760
hd5770

Attachments

• 2011-01-23-194236.rar
    329.9 KB · Views: 57
Hello beelzebozo, I think you're my only hope for getting my SL to work right.

My motherboard is a P7P55D LE. It ran on BIOS 1408, and it basically did ok with the DSDT I have along with stuff inside /Extra folder (except sleep). Recently I had to have it replaced because of a factory defect, and the one they replaced it with has 1808. Now my system has problem shutting down, when it says it shut down but all the fans are still working.

I tried the DSDT you linked on an earlier post (P7P55D LE with 1808.aml), but I get stuck at this line always:

Code:
IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

Do I need to do something first to make it work? Delete some stuff inside the Extra folder that may be in conflict? I hope you can help.

Thanks.

dagger said:
Hello beelzebozo, I think you're my only hope for getting my SL to work right.

My motherboard is a P7P55D LE. It ran on BIOS 1408, and it basically did ok with the DSDT I have along with stuff inside /Extra folder (except sleep). Recently I had to have it replaced because of a factory defect, and the one they replaced it with has 1808. Now my system has problem shutting down, when it says it shut down but all the fans are still working.

I tried the DSDT you linked on an earlier post (P7P55D LE with 1808.aml), but I get stuck at this line always:

Code:
IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

Do I need to do something first to make it work? Delete some stuff inside the Extra folder that may be in conflict? I hope you can help.

Thanks.

Did you try resetting your bios settings back to default and just change the Sata Storage Configuration to AHCI?

In /EXTRA, you should only really need:

1. fakesmc
2. apple.com.boot.plist
3. smbios.plist.
4. jmicron 36x sata (optional if you want drives to show as internal; cannot be hot-swapped)
5. DSDT.aml

Run kext utility to rebuild cache and repair disk permissions.

beelzebozo said:
Did you try resetting your bios settings back to default and just change the Sata Storage Configuration to AHCI?

In /EXTRA, you should only really need:

1. fakesmc
2. apple.com.boot.plist
3. smbios.plist.
4. jmicron 36x sata (optional if you want drives to show as internal; cannot be hot-swapped)
5. DSDT.aml

Run kext utility to rebuild cache and repair disk permissions.

I did what you suggested, but I used another DSDT using DSDT Auto Patcher (suggested by another fellow mobo user). It worked, I can shutdown properly again, and I did remove much of the kext inside /E/E folder. I removed SleepEnabler and now cannot sleep or wake up from it. Do I need to put that back? Also, do I still need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext or can I remove it?

Thanks for the help.

dagger said:
Also, do I still need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext or can I remove it?

Thanks for the help.

You don't need those two kexts.

I guess if SleepEnabler worked for you then put it back, however keep in mind that when you update your OS X version, you will need to delete it until a new version of SleepEnabler is released for that version of OS X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back