Motherboard
Gigabyte H370M-D3H-Clover
CPU
i3-8350K
Graphics
RX 570, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When I originally built the system, I loaded 10.7.2, used EasyBeast Install and then applied VoodooHDA 2.61. Sound worked great. Then I upgraded to 10.7.3 and I have the chirpy/crackly sound. I have tried all of the VoodooHDA varieties with no luck. From research, I don't think I can use the ALCxxx kexts because mobo doesn't use those codecs - is this correct? Mobo is the P7P55D Bios Revision 0209. Any help would be appreciated.

I suggest you search for posts on using Audio MIDI Setup to change sound parameters. It is located Applications/Utilities/Audio MIDI Setup/Audio Devices window. I haven't had to use it but do recall others having success changing settings in situations similar to yours.

I am having the same problem. Crackling sound, except I have the P7P55D-E. Would really appreciate any help here.

dshurick said:
I am having the same problem. Crackling sound, except I have the P7P55D-E. Would really appreciate any help here.

Try making sure in Audio Midi Setup the sample rate is 44.1khz and 16 bit

Thank you for your reply. I changed the audio settings in the Audio Midi Setup and the sound is still crackling. Also, videos such as on Youtube do not play smoothly.

dshurick said:
Thank you for your reply. I changed the audio settings in the Audio Midi Setup and the sound is still crackling. Also, videos such as on Youtube do not play smoothly.

Is it crackling all the time or only at high volume?

All the time. What audio kexts should I have installed? I usually use the VoodoHDA ones which have worked for anything pre-10.7.3. However, this time after updating I think I accidentally did the ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback with the UserDSDT Install, and then later when through and did just the VoodooHDA 0.2.7.3 (without installing anything else).

dshurick said:
All the time. What audio kexts should I have installed? I usually use the VoodoHDA ones which have worked for anything pre-10.7.3. However, this time after updating I think I accidentally did the ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback with the UserDSDT Install, and then later when through and did just the VoodooHDA 0.2.7.3 (without installing anything else).

Not sure exactly which version of voodooHda im using, i'll upload it to mediafire for you when I'm home.

I would appreciated that very much :D

would you still be willing to do so?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back