Graphics
GeForce 8500 GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I know I have an P7P55 motherboard. The trouble is I do not know what flavour and there are several options for DSDT files.

I think I have the P7P55-E but I am not sure. Does it matter if I am wrong? And if it does (or, if you don't know) is there (without windows/linux/retail packaging/manual) to find out for sure which I have?

ijhu said:
GO into your BIOS, it usually reveals the exact model of your MOBO.

That's what I had hoped, but can't find anything.

ijhu said:
Another location is to open up the case and look at the printed TEXT on the PCB.

I had feared that would be my last option. Getting to the machine, and into it, is pretty tricky.

I wonder if I can get a Ubuntu Live CD to do it?

ijhu said:
Another location is to open up the case and look at the printed TEXT on the PCB.

I had feared that would be my last option. Getting to the machine, and into it, is pretty tricky.

I wonder if I can get a Ubuntu Live CD to do it?

ijhu said:
How hard that can be by opening up the case and look inside the Printed Circuit Board (PCB)?. It's no different than changing out a component like HDD, GFX Card, adding more RAM etc.

It's access. I won't bore you with the details, but it is not in a standard location, nor is it in a standard case!

I take it, by these response, then that it does matter? I do need to be specific and can't guess which DSDT file to use?

If you ask for my opinion and being a noob on hackintosh, then I would recommend you to get the correct model and DSDT file. Other wise if you know what you are doing and willing to cross the adventurist boundary, then you can tinker with different DSDT versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back