Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello to everyone,

Following a successful installation of Snow Leopard Retail DVD and booting from the latest iBoot disc with -x everything seems to work fine ! I got network and internet , sadly no audio appeared ... I follow the guide iBoot + Multibeast . Updating with 10.6.5 combo update and installing EasyBeast + System Utilities box. I haven't added any kexts.

So , after successful update and restart I can't boot neither from the HDD nor from iBoot ... iBoot says "You should restart the machine, hold the power button to restart" u know ... booting from HDD result a Grey Screen of Death.

I can't solve how I can boot from HDD with -x or -v simply because I can't see where. But when I try to boot from iBoot with -v it says
"DSMOS has arrived"
and thats the last line.

I have also tried different methods with DSDT, but it seems even more unsuccessful than EasyBeast.

My system specifications are in my profile. Please, any help with be great appreciated ! :)

AFAIK, your graphics card is not supported OOB. You should be able to boot using -x until you can modify the Apple kexts to support your card.

How I can boot from HDD with -x ? I can't see the chameleon's promp while booting o_O
And also, if booting with -x result a booting without problems, how I can modify the Apple kexts in order to enable the graphic acceleration ?

Thanks !

Only one question , if I change the video card with 8800GT,9600GT,9800GT or GT240 will the problem get solved and I will be running a OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.5 without problems ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back