Graphics
NVidia PNY GTX 780
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello fellow Hacksters! I bought the ASUS board because I tryed an early version of GA-X58-UD3R and the GA-X58 couldn't even pass a memtestx86 with Triple channel. So I scrapped and went ASUS. The system doesn't Bench much 11000-12000 and 33.66 FPS on the XFX5770, in GeekBench and CineBench.

Has the Gigabyte ran stable with Final Cut Pro and CS5 for anyone out there? I am rendering nicely but I get errors and snap out of Final Cut when I go into Magic Bullet Looks sometimes.

It may be my install method is bad for the ASUS but would it get better with the Gigabyte?

I guess I really need to know what the most stable board and Graphics card would be that would Bench Press 18000 or at least better than 11500.

Thanks in advance and I will be learning and helping others with the knowledge I gain as I go!

Live it Vivid!

immapc said:
Hello fellow Hacksters! I bought the ASUS board because I tryed an early version of GA-X58-UD3R and the GA-X58 couldn't even pass a memtestx86 with Triple channel. So I scrapped and went ASUS. The system doesn't Bench much 11000-12000 and 33.66 FPS on the XFX5770, in GeekBench and CineBench.

Has the Gigabyte ran stable with Final Cut Pro and CS5 for anyone out there? I am rendering nicely but I get errors and snap out of Final Cut when I go into Magic Bullet Looks sometimes.

It may be my install method is bad for the ASUS but would it get better with the Gigabyte?

I guess I really need to know what the most stable board and Graphics card would be that would Bench Press 18000 or at least better than 11500.

Thanks in advance and I will be learning and helping others with the knowledge I gain as I go!
score of
Live it Vivid!
Your issue with Triple Channel and memtest on the UD3R sounds like you had bad RAM.

I prefer memtest+ and have a stable UD3R Rev 2.0 using the DSDT from the database. I over clock my i7-930 to 3.6 and get a Geekbench 64-bit score of 12400.

Excellent! Ok, I am gonna switch back to Gigabyte then. I can't even get into 64bit but CineBench says it tests in 64bit I am not sure it is running properly.

I tested each stick of RAM on their own and they passed in a single slot. But when I put them all in it failed. I used the Default settings and I am not sure if they needed more voltage. Scrapped that build and that was my first try anyways. I am much better at this now as a result of my first system and this current build.

All of my Hardcore MAC buddies are saying it won't ever be stable and they are getting on my nerves now. lol

Thanks MacMan!

Ok I got it going, strange that I lost 6 FPS on the Gigabyte board in Cinebench but the CPU is the same as it was on the ASUS board for CineBench. GeekBench is now 13800. Nice! Got to be the DSDT for sure! Thanks for the help I am skiddish about overclocking and I am gonna burn this system in first before I do anything.

As I was installing MultiBeast right after 10.6.4 and Graphics update it errored and made the install Restart screens go away from the 10.6.4 installers. I just ignored the error and restarted Multibeast and went from there but this happened on both systems and I am not sure if this is going to cause a problem because I didn't push the restart button on the Installer.

The FPS being weak is the new ATI_Vervet driver set right? It just needs to develop? I will probably wait for the NVidia 4xx series support. I love NVidia! Hated ATI drivers for ages!

Well I am stuck now Final Cut Pro won't run. I will reinstall and test before I update to 6.0.6. I installed a Canon 5D Utility for log and transfer and it gave me a Power Down Error Screen when I rebooted. Did Canon make a change to the Kexts and should I re-export my Kexts again? Not sure why I got that error and it hasn't come back.

Memory tested good. Turbo is on but no overclock. I may just change video cards since I only get 27 FPS anyway.

Just reinstalled OSX and I used 3 sticks of RAM this time and increased the voltage for DRAM from 1.5 to 1.64. Some reason it autos to 1.5. The timings are wrong too at 9-9-9 when I got 8-8-8 RAM

The Installer stayed open this time too!!! So I hit restart on the 10.6.4 update this time.

Well Final Cut Pro doesn't work on this Gigabyte system. It worked on my ASUS P6X58D but not stable. I will change the video card out to an NVidia 8800 GTX. How does this system get better benchmarks but not run Final Cut Pro? So strange...

Should I suspect the RAM it is Kingston KHX1600C8D3K3? Even though it worked on the other board this one may not be compatible. I can't find the OCZ3G1600LV6GK like the build TonyMac did. Guess I will give the ram a shot now cuz I am at a loss. Even though the ram tested good in MemTest, it could still be unstable?

immapc said:
Should I suspect the RAM it is Kingston KHX1600C8D3K3? Even though it worked on the other board this one may not be compatible. I can't find the OCZ3G1600LV6GK like the build TonyMac did. Guess I will give the ram a shot now cuz I am at a loss. Even though the ram tested good in MemTest, it could still be unstable?
Yes, I had 1600 RAM that tested fine under memtest+ after 24 hours but failed under prime95 in 5 minutes.

Thanks for the info MacMan. I think I need OCZ and Fry's doesn't have any.

I downloaded the FA version DSDT because that is what shows on the BIOS boot screen. Should I use FB or upgrade to FB? I changed RAM and no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back