Contribute
Register

P6T WS Professional help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right, no onboard video

will try the boot switches :-D

so removed one of the GFX cards and used the switches you suggested...

now at least i get as far as the installer... now to find a harddrive that i can use to install on.... have some important stuff on the one in the pc and dont want to risk anything

since i intend to go mavericks is there any point in doing much updates etc?

well will get SL going first before i try Mavericks....

so downloading combo updates etc...

should i be worried that i have to enter the boot flags at every boot?

got it working... thou i have to enter flags at boot: PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

could those be automatic?

then i have to get sound working... the icon is there but no sound out... maybe its the optical... will have to check

right now updating

sound ok thou its not 5.1 but only stereo...

need to install teamviewer and it says no access to teamviewer server...

but very pleased on the progress

ahh the teamviewer issue is due to multibeast does not install a valid serial number...

number does not have to be a real one but has to follow a pattern...

found info here: http://forrestcorbett.com/techknow/...eamviewer-server-has-been-denied-on-mac-os-x/

boelle

Yes the installers use a standard generic serial number and you can use a utility that can edit your serial number and you simbios numbers - i believe its called chameleon Wizard and its in downloads ... Community software.

Here is a link that explains some of the functions it does
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/257464-chameleon-wizard-utility-for-chameleon/

besides the teamviewer issue i wonder why i can get arround to enter the bootflags at each boot?

spec these ones: PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

and then what if i upgrade straight to Mavericks after this? if that is possible at all with my system

read this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leopard-desktop-support/123405-clean-install-snow-leopard.html

i burned iboot to a DVD....

it still starts and all... and i can do the disk swap....

but when its loading the installer from the snow disc it fails

could the difference between CD and DVD at the iboot part really be the issue?

boelle

Burning Iboot to a DVD is not recommended.. use only CD.

We have a post on Gigabyte UEFI BIOS for these early Motherboards - see if you can find it....compare

I Boot 3.3 should be what you want.

Also remove the Video cards and set only one into the first PCIe slot. If you have an older card like a GT9XXX or GS 8400 series use that only - also remove every other card in the system - WiFi.
You will need to use DIGITAL video out so no DB15 connector (VGA) also on the monitor. Use DVI only.

When you type in the command switches you should see lots of text scroll by... if it stops on something take picture and post.

The APPLE DVD of SL should be the Snow Leopard 10.6.3 version ... what is yours.
When you swap the Apple DVD and press PF5 to see the ICON for the DVD - press space bar and type these values in ..
"-v -f acpi=off PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No " no quotes

THen take pic when it stops and post that.

Before you get to Mavericks we need to get Snow Leo installed and functional....

Baby Steps dude...

ehh... i do only use a CD.... you told me that and i have already done so....

Gigabyte? this is an asus board

The system is actually running fine.... i just need to enter boot switches on every boot

but to answer the rest of your post... yes iboot 3.3

and yes only one GFX card installed.... GT9800... and the card only have DVI connectors... no adapter used...

during boot yes a lot of text but it does not stop

SL 10.6.3

now you tell me to enter PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No??? before you told me to enter PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=YES ????

but again it does not stop

again its running... i just need to enter PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=yes at every boot

now i'm total confused.... maybe you have forgotten that you have already helped me out a lot?

but after i got to desktop i installed the combo update... sound is working... wifi/airport is working... i can access internet on it...

it i just need to enter boot switches at every boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back