Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I'm having some issu with instaling retail Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on motherboard Asus P5LD2-SE with the Nvidia graphics card GT 240. I followed the steps from wiki.osx86project.org website. What i did is:

1. Use Empire Efi v.1.085 Legacy Boot Cd - as the wiki.osx86project.org suggest
2. Install Snow leopard 10.6.3
3. Update to 10.6.4
4. Update Graphics Updater 1.0
5.Install BootThink Loader - as the wiki.osx86project.org suggest
6. restart

When i boot i'm getting message such us:

“You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until it turns off, then press the Power button again.â€

Can anybody givesome hints what shall i do to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance

Seriously, nobody can help?

Does it mean that i am f..... with my hardware?

Whilst BootThink is probably not that bad and may be fine for your hardware, the only time I played with it, I found it more confusing and less flexible that Chameleon - perhaps a case of what you know vs new stuff.

However, if I were you I'd stick to Chameleon as available from Multibeast. It probably has better development and support.

As for the panic, well theres likely some missing or incompatible kext for your hardware etc. Perhaps it's the video card. AFAIK, Chameleon-AsereBLN version supports enabling graphics (aka GraphicsEnabler=Yes in the com.apple.Boot.plist) for the GT240, which perhaps BotThink does not. ie: It may just work with use of Chameleon, versus needing additional kext such as ATI_init if you are using BootThink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back