Motherboard
ASUS P5K-E WiFi
CPU
Q9650
Graphics
G100
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello there. This is weird. I previously installed OSX on this sistem and it always booted. I have been also a lucky iCloud user with just setting iMac10,1 or something like that, in SMBIOS. I have been using this mainboard with different OSX versions. The last few days I have lost a few years of my life and I don't get it. It actually makes no sense. It didn't matter which version of Clover I load, be it from usb, hdd or cd, it would always load any osx. Windows still runs like he*l.

The Asus P5K-e WiFi AP has an intel ICH9 chipset and an additional JMicron ATA/eSATA, but I never used it, because it is for external SATA and PATA devices. I have AHCI activated in BIOS. I have a 4 TB hard drive that the BIOS sees as 1.8 TB but it has always booted Clover and Windows and never had this problem. I have also tried different hard drives that are compatible with the BIOS readings. The chip supports my 4 TB Seagate NAS HDD because of Windows reading it correctly and Mac OS X also reading it correctly.

Again... I have used other Seagate 500 GB HDDs, so it's not that. Can anyone please turn on the light for me? Rehabman?

I only need to get past the "Still waiting for root device". I have everything prepared: the Marvel Yukon for Clover's "KextsToPach" and the kext file as a failsafe, Intel HDA and VoodooHDA and so on... I still have everything ready to load up El Capitan. I know it's old, but when I get this up and running I can upgrade or install a newer one, but what is going on here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I have tried fixes, patches, kexts. It should run out of the box, like before.

EDIT 2: There where 2 EFI System partitions on the drive. At first was a normal FAT32 partition that I use for tests (press Right while you see the small blinking underscore and load .efi from a different partition), later, maybe I have restored another EFI partition on top of it. That may be from my intent of installing it on a different motherboard that it's not supported and decided to buy a GPU for the PK5e-WiFi AP. It's only an nVidia G100, but this PC isn't going to run games, so I get this G100 suitable enough for my needs. There's a bigger story around this computer, but that would be way off topic.

Returning to topic:
Problem: 2 EFI System partitions
Solution: Delete the second EFI Partition. I have changed partition flags and didn't need to delete it, since I use it for tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back